5 star tune and ORM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
I am curious...

Tempted to buy a canned tune like a 5 star... However I got to thinking about it and have a simple question...

How does a canned tune like this interact with offroad mode???

Does it override it and have it's own settings which make ORM obsolete?

Or is ORM still superior and when you hit dirt you still press the button?

Just in my mind ORM is like the factory tune and you just hit it when in the dirt.... So that being so, how the hell Does the 5 star tune react when ORM is enabled????

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
probably a better question for the tuners. it's been a topic of discussion for a long time. i know when i had my JDM tune...in ORM or T/H mode nothing was affected except maybe the engine tuning for the 93 octane

OP
OP
SoSmoked

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
Hmmm ok I will contact 5 star and get back to this topic

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have wondered that too. It feels like it works for both modes but I would have to ask mike to be sure.

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi
The orm shift and converter schedules are factory default. The engine torque and power are increased. Give us a call if you want to talk more about.
Mike

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi
The orm shift and converter schedules are factory default. The engine torque and power are increased. Give us a call if you want to talk more about.
Mike

Mike I was out yesterday playing in the mud with ORM and it was shifting pretty crazy. Is there a way to tune ORM?

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mike I was out yesterday playing in the mud with ORM and it was shifting pretty crazy. Is there a way to tune ORM?

Sure is give us a call or email on what you want to change from the factory settings.