4x4 popping grinding..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TexasWFraptor

TexasWFraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yo corona last question for now is it going to hurt anything as long as I don’t put in 4x4? just dd in 2H until fixed?

OP
OP
TexasWFraptor

TexasWFraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after work decided to just mess around and I can’t replicate the sound in 4WD.

this might be dumb but could not ever putting in 4WD and it being unusually cold out make it not engage all the way because I’m getting no wrench and no grind\pop as of now?

OP
OP
TexasWFraptor

TexasWFraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel kinda dumb but I remember I changed iwe Solenoid by the firewall when I felt like I was getting sluggish upon gas peddle acceleration a while back I wonder if that has anything to do with issue

Nevermind* that was purge valve canister

Last edited:

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it ends up being the IWEs I would highly recommend doing the delete kit from RCV.

I did it on mine when I replaced the cv axles and I love the stiffer steering and fact that I don’t have to worry about them failing in the future.

Some may say more wear on cv as they are rotating constantly but I like those factors personally.

OP
OP
TexasWFraptor

TexasWFraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you @MFNG I was actually just watching a video that Brody built
Put out on that a few months back.

was also reading that a nut can come loose on wheel holding iwe on and I’m sure when they did my tie rods etc they could have maybe missed torque I’m just exploring all options won’t be able to do much for a few days I’ll keep posted!

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's possible that you just had some sticking going on since you don't use 4wd very often. If it is going in now, reliably there may be no reason to mess with it. Engage 4x4 when you change the oil, keeps it from sticking and lets you know there is a problem before you actually need it.