3D Print updating the whipple shaft cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya for sure. I should have the shaft cover straighted out here shortly. Very cool that you've got a Shelby truck. Mine is a Hennessy Velociraptor 600. Now that I have the form for the dash hole I should be able to make a just about any mount to fit there.

Best truck I ever owned,and lovin EVERY MINUTE I'm driving it..!! Got it with 50K on it from a guy who totally babied it...always garaged,and only used to get to his office...I bought without driving it,1100 miles away,and when it arrived on the transporter I was totally shocked...looked like a BRAND NEW truck..!!
How do you like the Hennessy?? From what I've read on here the past year, Hennessy is a 4 letter word and everyone says they have problems with the Mod,and/or company support....
I know the guy I bought from sent it to Shelby as soon as it arrived at dealer and put $20K into it...Fastest vehicle I ever drove,and my '63 Corvette that I've owned for 40+ years is not happy having to sit in Garage for past year....Shelby Raptor wins hands down,way faster and way more fun..!! :)
Thats cool that you can make these Mods...and a little box/holder up on dash would be great...tired of having everything side out and fly across the truck....totally useless holder Ford put there....
G

OP
OP
sre363

sre363

Reaction score
Best truck I ever owned,and lovin EVERY MINUTE I'm driving it..!! Got it with 50K on it from a guy who totally babied it...always garaged,and only used to get to his office...I bought without driving it,1100 miles away,and when it arrived on the transporter I was totally shocked...looked like a BRAND NEW truck..!!
How do you like the Hennessy?? From what I've read on here the past year, Hennessy is a 4 letter word and everyone says they have problems with the Mod,and/or company support....
I know the guy I bought from sent it to Shelby as soon as it arrived at dealer and put $20K into it...Fastest vehicle I ever drove,and my '63 Corvette that I've owned for 40+ years is not happy having to sit in Garage for past year....Shelby Raptor wins hands down,way faster and way more fun..!! :)
Thats cool that you can make these Mods...and a little box/holder up on dash would be great...tired of having everything side out and fly across the truck....totally useless holder Ford put there....
G

Totally agree. Love the truck and a absolute blast to . About the same find for me also. 52k one owner Hennessy package right from the lot new. Company CEO commuter truck. Found the truck 1125mi away in Jacksonville FL at a autonation dealer not a single mention of it being supercharged or anything and bad pictures where I couldn't make out the word but I knew what that fuzzy door decal was. Price was low blue book for a regular raptor. Thought it was to good to be true and passed over it for three weeks. Finally I called the sales guy and had him send additional pictures. Had bank check and plane ticket two days later. I was due to replace my 400whp Silverado and also my 1999 Trans Am. So I kind of did a two in one. Wife was not impressed until she drove it. Two years later she still giggle everytime she floors it. It's been really reliable and I wouldn't say I'm gentle about it. Haha

Truckasaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still need to tweak it a little more. I did alot of filling to smooth it out because of print failure. I'm working on it, but doing big 3D printing is like watching grass grow.

Please keep us posted. I currently have a custom 3 gauge pod from Ortiz pods. I need more gauges!

I would really like to run 6 in this location, if possible.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. Love the truck and a absolute blast to . About the same find for me also. 52k one owner Hennessy package right from the lot new. Company CEO commuter truck. Found the truck 1125mi away in Jacksonville FL at a autonation dealer not a single mention of it being supercharged or anything and bad pictures where I couldn't make out the word but I knew what that fuzzy door decal was. Price was low blue book for a regular raptor. Thought it was to good to be true and passed over it for three weeks. Finally I called the sales guy and had him send additional pictures. Had bank check and plane ticket two days later. I was due to replace my 400whp Silverado and also my 1999 Trans Am. So I kind of did a two in one. Wife was not impressed until she drove it. Two years later she still giggle everytime she floors it. It's been really reliable and I wouldn't say I'm gentle about it. Haha

Sounds like we both got killer deals..!! I would of went to pick up,but since it was middle of winter,and since I never even drove ANY Raptor before I bought this one,didnt want to risk the trip over the Rockies.... :)
LOL...My GF thinks there is something wrong with me if I dont get that SuperCharger screaming at least once per trip...and notice the little grin on her face also.....And that grin breaks out into a full laugh when she sees me blow-drying it after washing....I think she is jealous... :)

OP
OP
sre363

sre363

Reaction score
Sounds like we both got killer deals..!! I would of went to pick up,but since it was middle of winter,and since I never even drove ANY Raptor before I bought this one,didnt want to risk the trip over the Rockies.... :)
LOL...My GF thinks there is something wrong with me if I dont get that SuperCharger screaming at least once per trip...and notice the little grin on her face also.....And that grin breaks out into a full laugh when she sees me blow-drying it after washing....I think she is jealous... :)
Ya I got mine end of April otherwise I would of done the same. Best 18 hour drive I've had. The only thing that's a bummer is you have to hand was it. There is no quickie wash before going out. In my silverado I would get yelled at by the wife for speeding constantly. Now I chase down mustang's and Camaro's on the freeway every chance I get and she thinks it's funny. Been meaning to put a rear sway bar on it. Gets a little sketchy above 120. Haha

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah,didnt want to ditch it on some icy road before I got to enjoy it..otherwise would of loved a 1100 mile road trip..
LMAO..seems all the gals react the same way,hate them and think its just an EGO thing for us guys,but the first time you whip their head back in the seat,its love..and.. :boobs:DO IT AGAIN..!! She even know exactly how long I will sit behind someone on a 2 lane road before she gets some whiplash.....
But my favorite is still the 1st time she saw me with Leaf Blower...almost died from laughter,and had a Video posted to all her friends before I was even done.....HELL...its a BLACK truck I told her....ya blow dry it or you ride around with little white spots...
Funny,I've never had a "Car" try and play with me...Mustang,Camaro,Corvette...they seem to have more respect..LOL...its the Pick-Up guys that usually feel they need to prove something...and usually the old beaters...most guys in newer Trucks know how fast a SuperCharged Raptor is and what its capable of...

You notice that rear moving around over 100mph too:driver:.......wonder if they make a Traction Bar for it to,so we can
keep the rear wheels on the ground when we light them up...:flamingdevil:

Be safe....and get to work on those "Rails"...LOL!!

OP
OP
sre363

sre363

Reaction score
Yeah,didnt want to ditch it on some icy road before I got to enjoy it..otherwise would of loved a 1100 mile road trip..
LMAO..seems all the gals react the same way,hate them and think its just an EGO thing for us guys,but the first time you whip their head back in the seat,its love..and.. :boobs:DO IT AGAIN..!! She even know exactly how long I will sit behind someone on a 2 lane road before she gets some whiplash.....
But my favorite is still the 1st time she saw me with Leaf Blower...almost died from laughter,and had a Video posted to all her friends before I was even done.....HELL...its a BLACK truck I told her....ya blow dry it or you ride around with little white spots...
Funny,I've never had a "Car" try and play with me...Mustang,Camaro,Corvette...they seem to have more respect..LOL...its the Pick-Up guys that usually feel they need to prove something...and usually the old beaters...most guys in newer Trucks know how fast a SuperCharged Raptor is and what its capable of...

You notice that rear moving around over 100mph too:driver:.......wonder if they make a Traction Bar for it to,so we can
keep the rear wheels on the ground when we light them up...:flamingdevil:

Be safe....and get to work on those "Rails"...LOL!!

You deal with the wheel hop too. FYI never try to hit a small opening in rush hour traffic when hooked to a trailer. Thought I was going to spit out the whole rear axle when it did it while I was pulling our 8000lbs camper. I have a list. Hellwig sway bar, Rogue Racing traction bars, Deaver springs, hydraulic bump stops, Fox 3.0 and thats just the rear. It only takes money. Been dropping about 4k a year in to it and maybe in another 3 to 4 years it will be done. What am I saying nobody ever truly stops. The truck is like a Harley, just a down payment on the accessory's.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You deal with the wheel hop too. FYI never try to hit a small opening in rush hour traffic when hooked to a trailer. Thought I was going to spit out the whole rear axle when it did it while I was pulling our 8000lbs camper. I have a list. Hellwig sway bar, Rogue Racing traction bars, Deaver springs, hydraulic bump stops, Fox 3.0 and thats just the rear. It only takes money. Been dropping about 4k a year in to it and maybe in another 3 to 4 years it will be done. What am I saying nobody ever truly stops. The truck is like a Harley, just a down payment on the accessory's.

Wheel Hop like a Bunny..!! All the time..Rear end is worst that my '63 Corvette...use to be all over the road when you lite the tires..until I put a Traction bar on it....now I get a nice steady line of rubber on the ground instead of hop-hop-hop....Might have to look into one for the Raptor...
I spent around $2000 first month I owned mine...mostly on Tonneau cover and Rigid lights...JLT Catch Can also.....but since I really want to keep mine as "stock" as possible,and its already fast enough..not much more for me to spend for upgrading.... :)
Love how you put it..."just a down payment on accessory's"...yep...if the Sticker Price doesnt get you,the Parts Dept. will..!!