37 tire and wheel question please...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
For me, the answer to that question is in a Baja Coyote race rack from Raptor Addict.

But if I'm not mistaken, G (username E63) shows in his build-up thread how he modified the stock spare location to retain his tow package and fit a 37 down there

Yep, that's exactly what I was getting at. 37s are one of those mods that there is more to than meets the eye. I just wanted to point out that finding a place for the spare, be it on a rack or modifying the under-bed storage to fit one is definitely an added expense that some people don't think about.

I mean there's also the option of just strapping it down in the bed, which was pretty much my plan, lol.

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's another consideration that hit me like a ton of bricks when I was (and still am) contemplating 37s. Where are you going to put the 37" spare?

That is certainly a valid question, but the least of my concerns. I have an on-board compressor, so unless I totally shread the tire, can make a roadside repair till I get home.

The fact that I will be constantly rubbing in the front with 37s will drive me nuts inside of 3 days.

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here's another consideration that hit me like a ton of bricks when I was (and still am) contemplating 37s. Where are you going to put the 37" spare?

The new TMX bed cages (releasing prototype pics soon) are designed to hold 35s or 37s. We have one that is geared towards the guy that daily drives his Raptor on 37s. :waytogo:

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I'm in the process of making a bed rack for my spares and fuel jugs right now and standing up side by side they fit perfect in the rack I designed with the tires in the middle and the fuel jugs on each side.

Yea they look like they should have come with the 37's! Just go top perch and do the little bit of work on the wheel wells its totally worth it in my opinion everything is softer Offroad these beasts soak up all the bumps so nice. This is how it was explained to me by jarrett and Corey from RPG: top perch will not affect your cv angles with an aftermarket bumper on too perch. The problem people are having is being on top perch with the stock bumpers still cause the weight of an aftermarket bumper is more than stock (mine is about 45 lbs heavier than stock) it helps keep the front end down a little!

I've been running the top perch for about 8 months now with no problems whatsoever and I love the way it looks! So I say go for it cause I see you have the ADD stealth bumper on there it'll look great just look at my sexy ass truck haha :laughing1:

Any reason why the tires are going to go in the middle?

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any reason why the tires are going to go in the middle?

Well not in te middle of the bed haha the rack sits up against the cab end of the bed using the existing bed mounts to secure it. I meant te tires are in the center of the rack with the fuel jugs on each side I did it that way to kinda keep the extra weight in the center of the truck instead of off to the sides