37 AMB Delivered. Dallas, TX - Story - Small Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all -

Been on here a while (4-5 months exactly haha) - Ordered my first pickup...Raptor...Nice car...on June 11. Took delivery Monday, October 4.

For everyones info. Left Dearborn and was in DFW in 4 days via Rail

Rockwall Ford was great from start to finish. The guys kept me updated (although I think I kept THEM updated with all the FP calls)

Picked it up yesterday at noon, had some trouble with FordPass (it was down) - finally got it activated yesterday evening. Got the message that BlueCruise is also active until 2024 (I didn't pay for any subscription either??)

Posted about that loose hose and zip tied that. Thanks for everyone's quick reply, that damn thing was hanging way down. Tired were at freaking 53 PSI, aired down to 40. Rides WAY better. THis is my frsit truck and it just is gonna take some getting used to the width. Especially in DFW on the side roads, it feels like I barely fit.

Have my first REAL issue though. The folding mirrors went kaput. Won't fold either way at all. Had to manually push them out today. The selection on the screen under settings is greyed out. I will chat with the tech guys here at the Ford Dealer closer to my house than where I bought it in Rockwall.

It is at XPEL currently here in Dallas. I will say, it is almost unbearable to drive when super sunny and hot as it is. The windows are so massive and the moonroof with no shade it bakes in there. Going 70% windshield 20% front - 70% rear 3 windows and 70% moonroof. Full front XPEL PPF.

The truck is amazing. Some better pics coming.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you doing ceramic tint?

I tinted only the moonroof on my 2018 with clear ceramic tint. It does a good job of dealing with the heat. In July & August, I'll keep the shade closed from noon to 7 or so, but it's open the rest of the year.

I'll do the same when my 2021 arrives.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you try the mirror switch on the drivers door? If it’s in the center position it disables mirror movement, At least on my 2019..

OP
OP
D

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you try the mirror switch on the drivers door? If it’s in the center position it disables mirror movement, At least on my 2019..
I will check it but I didn’t see a rocker for left and right I think there were dedicated buttons. Someone else that actually has the truck at moment can tell. you would think they would fold out when you start moving. Which they didn’t.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, check the physical button. That option was greyed out for me the first time, try restarting.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I don’t know if current Fordpass is any worse but in 2017 I activated Fordpass with zero drama. This year, it took several tries across multiple weeks to get Lincoln way activated. First it was submit request and wait and then it was a series of failed activations, help line was of no assistance at all, obviously reading from a script with no technical background, and after 2 weeks of it I gave up on it. I torched them in the app review section. Got a request to retry and re-review.

It didn’t work again.

In the apple app store it’s not possible to give less than a star, so I gave them 1 but in the review I indicated the app was a total failure, and I’d give it zero stars if possible and detailed why. Sometime in ... March or so of this year, 2 full months and then some after I bought the car, I tried it again and got further along in the process so I tried it again and it worked.

I hope activating Fordpass isn’t as much of a chore as I had. If you have repeated difficulty, delete it and try again in a few months. Honestly, it’s a lot of aggravation for a very little return on investment. I do like remote start, and I will say the ’20 Lincoln is faster to respond to the start requests than the Rap, but it’s also 3 MY newer.

OP - good luck on the mirrors.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you doing ceramic tint?

I tinted only the moonroof on my 2018 with clear ceramic tint. It does a good job of dealing with the heat. In July & August, I'll keep the shade closed from noon to 7 or so, but it's open the rest of the year.

I'll do the same when my 2021 arrives.
I’m still pissed I had to order the moonroof for the step in the tailgate (2022), but if I ever find a truck next year I’m definitely ceramic tinting the whole truck. Being here in AZ, it’s a must