35 vs 37 Inch Package - Squat While Towing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pulp

Reaction score
Would either a 35 or 37 package have significantly less squat when towing my 7,000 camp trailer with distribution hitch?

McCarthy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both will squat the same. Truck will tow better with 35's over 37's though. Better gear ratio with the smaller wheel and tire.

You will be using a WDH, so that will help, but my truck squats badly with just a 14' Utility trailer with a side by side on it. I can post the pic if you'd like.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would think the 37 would squat just a tiny bit worse, since they look a little more level from the factory. But they will be close and as said above you have better final drive ratio with a 35.

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both will squat the same as they have the identical springs in the rear. Bumpstops will kick in slightly earlier on a 37 but you shouldn't be hitting those towing unless huge dips. As mentioned, gear ratios will be noticeably better on a 35. I have a 35 truck that tows a UTV and 6,500lb camper and I recently succumbed to trying 37's and it gear hunts significantly more and the towing experience isn't near as good.

GDK

Reaction score
Not sure what the Tounge Weight spec is but we notice a substantial squat when we connect our 20' Car Hauler even when it is we'll balanced.
Really don't want to put Air Bags on it.