GEN 2 3 videos of my Whipple Stage 1 Kit with SPD Trombone & Flowmaster FlowFX Setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rattpter

Reaction score
it sounds amazing when you get on it, my neighbors definitely know when I start the truck... there is some drone at 2k rpm

the Whipple Stage1 kit totally changed the driveability of the Raptor, it gives more power, the transmission shift much better and overall much more enjoyable to drive, I did a group buy back in 2018 and I think 52 people jumped on it :) LOL

it's not the most powerful tune, but it is 50-state legal which was a big plus for me - the bigger intercooler and intake are nice too, keeps the temps down and more air intake

I did a writeup about our trip to Whipple: https://2017-ford-raptor.blogspot.com/2018/01/my-visit-to-whipple-supercharger-in.html

Nice vid, sounds great!

I am steering towards the Whipple Stage 1 mainly because they are here in CA, they have a great reputation & quality for their marine superchargers, impressive numbers with their Coyote package and now cover all the Ford EB flavors. I'm looking to keep the drivability while adding a little oomph if I add 37's, while sticking with 91, as we don't have much option for anything better in this Prius state...:rolleyes: I also like that their CAI is closed to the engine bay, but I do like the CVF intercooler that is similar to the Whipple but has a drain plug on the bottom & CVF offers a few BOV options: https://www.cvfab.com/products/cvf-...UkmJohyiucEjm_FtAXzmIbUiV9i_GkvkaAvqhEALw_wcB

I wanted to know how it changes when you go from normal driving mode to sport mode? Once it's tuned, do you lose this functionality? The way it sounds in the video, I assume it's in sport the way it's holding the shifts longer.
Although I love sport mode, I still want the option to be in normal mode while the 10-speed tranny is doing it's thing for better mileage while driving with the fam ;)

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice vid, sounds great!

I am steering towards the Whipple Stage 1 mainly because they are here in CA, they have a great reputation & quality for their marine superchargers, impressive numbers with their Coyote package and now cover all the Ford EB flavors. I'm looking to keep the drivability while adding a little oomph if I add 37's, while sticking with 91, as we don't have much option for anything better in this Prius state...:rolleyes: I also like that their CAI is closed to the engine bay, but I do like the CVF intercooler that is similar to the Whipple but has a drain plug on the bottom & CVF offers a few BOV options: https://www.cvfab.com/products/cvf-...UkmJohyiucEjm_FtAXzmIbUiV9i_GkvkaAvqhEALw_wcB

I wanted to know how it changes when you go from normal driving mode to sport mode? Once it's tuned, do you lose this functionality? The way it sounds in the video, I assume it's in sport the way it's holding the shifts longer.
Although I love sport mode, I still want the option to be in normal mode while the 10-speed tranny is doing it's thing for better mileage while driving with the fam ;)
pretty much everytime I get into the truck I put it into sport mode ;)
normal is better than OEM tune, but Sport is my daily mode :D

honestly Dustin was pheomenal in service and I even get tune updates anytime I ask... highly recommended