3 best tunes for SCT on FORD Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably a dumb question but, this WILL void any powertrain warrenty right? (i.e. Ford will know you have done this, and will most likely use this as their reason to not fix anything related to the tune)
Right?

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably a dumb question but, this WILL void any powertrain warrenty right? (i.e. Ford will know you have done this, and will most likely use this as their reason to not fix anything related to the tune)
Right?
In short yes. You can load the factory tune back on but I'm pretty sure they have a flash counter on the truck so they can see if you've changed it and put it back.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In short yes. You can load the factory tune back on but I'm pretty sure they have a flash counter on the truck so they can see if you've changed it and put it back.

Agreed and confirmed ^

OP
OP
LEGORAPTOR

LEGORAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to the dealership where I bought the truck, I have a really good relationship with the owner of that dealership since my family has bought all of their FORD vehicles from them and I asked him this question prior to doing the tune and he was sincere and told me and I quote "If the problem was caused because of the tuner then the warranty will not cover it, if it wasn't the tuner that caused the problem then yes we will fix the truck".

joek35

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well all this talk of tuners i broke down and got one ordered it yesterday with 5 star should be here tommrow can't wait.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's my knowledge that only the 6.7L Scorpion Diesels have the "black box" flash counter. So, voiding a warranty, who knows.

As for the "best" tune, I have had canned tunes (sent direct to email) and dyno tunes (strapped the vehicle to a dyno and custom tuned). Dyno tunes are the best, obviously.

Aside from that, I have 4 tunes available to use in my X3. It only holds 3 tunes, so one is always on the computer. I have the following:

93 Performance -- Firm Shift
93 Performance -- Soft Shift
97 Tow

I just loaded up the new Soft Shift tune from Livernois Motorsports last night and I love the way that she drives. (My truck was dyno'ed with a cat-back and an intake in their shop). The firm shift would sometimes chirp the rear tires at full throttle from 1-2 gear change and definitely would with any sort of 50% or more throttle application going around a turn, like pulling into traffic.

Now, the shifts are definitely more smooth but still more pronounced than stock. Just for fun, I drove on the stock tune for a little while yesterday and I was not happy with it at all.

I've not run the 87 Tow tune, which is pretty much reduced timing for being under a load, so with no load, it should allow me somewhat better mileage and the ability to run 87 grade octane fuel with all of my mods.

mrpositraction

Full Access Member
Reaction score
reduced timing will decrease gas mileage silly :)

I have an SF3 tuner, not sure if I will use it on the truck or not. I have never been happy with Auto after market tunes. They never shift right.

enjkuck

Reaction score
How long does it take to install a tune? Do you guys carry your tuner with you all the time?