2nd USB off back of Nav Screen- 2014 Screw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RandM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The back of the 2014 touchscreen. The black mini-usb has a matching cable that connects to it. I think it's the SD card? The other is waiting for a cable to be installed to whatever.

IMG_0551_zps7c140b1a.jpg

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The back of the 2014 touchscreen. The black mini-usb has a matching cable that connects to it. I think it's the SD card? The other is waiting for a cable to be installed to whatever.

IMG_0551_zps7c140b1a.jpg

So I take it that you have to pull out the nav to access it?

On non-nav trucks you can access the second usb from removing the center speaker.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

OP
OP
R

RandM

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think all apart is the only way. I had it apart for the lock pick install really. But I did try to go through the top tray/speaker and there was a bracket or support in the way. Unless somebody has another way?

I have a navTV I have to install. So I'll be back there anyway. Just want to make sure I have all the right equipment.

I thought the nav trucks had a hard drive in the already?

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

OP
OP
R

RandM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is much of an internal hard drive. Only space for some MFT backgrounds. The Nav maps all live on the SD card that is installed in the console. I wish it had some real large internal memory. It would be a nice alternative to a dedicated external or ipod.

memheli

Reaction score
I had the external drive on my 2011 150 and loved it. It was super easy to install as others have said. I now have my drive in the center console (350G passport). Id like to have the ability to plug one into the glove box too, but don't know that I'm willing to take the dash apart to get the cable in. May peek in the center speaker hole and see what I can see.