23 First Wave Dates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NMFB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Retail Order for 23 was placed on 9/16 (priority code 10) and received the confirmation from Ford on 9/20.

Spoke with my dealer just now and he told me that he had some good news and that "this may get picked up first wave" according to his Ford rep.

Any idea when first wave starts?

I thought I saw first production dates from 1/3 - 3/31 but wasn't sure.

Last edited:

2Bulls

Reaction score
I am curious to this as well. I have a 2022 order for a Raptor, priority code 18, that I checked on last week with my dealer. Fully expected to be moved to a 2023 order any day but my dealer put in a whole new order for a 2023 and got a priority code of 10.
How can I get a better priority code for this new order when they haven't even built the one from 2022?
I have two emails showing me with two orders; one a 2022 and a 2023.
I did read that Ford has changed its financial outlook for the 3rd quarter downward due to part shortages. The article said they had thousands of SUV and trucks sitting on lots waiting on parts.

CodeOrangeGen3

Reaction score
I am curious to this as well. I have a 2022 order for a Raptor, priority code 18, that I checked on last week with my dealer. Fully expected to be moved to a 2023 order any day but my dealer put in a whole new order for a 2023 and got a priority code of 10.
How can I get a better priority code for this new order when they haven't even built the one from 2022?
I have two emails showing me with two orders; one a 2022 and a 2023.
I did read that Ford has changed its financial outlook for the 3rd quarter downward due to part shortages. The article said they had thousands of SUV and trucks sitting on lots waiting on parts.
The priority code doesn't mean squat. I had Priority 01 on my 2021 order and it was built and delivery way after many with code 19. Took 9 months from order to delivery.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Retail Order for 23 was placed on 9/16 (priority code 10) and received the confirmation from Ford on 9/20.

Spoke with my dealer just now and he told me that he had some good news and that "this may get picked up first wave" according to his Ford rep.

there are guys that already have build dates and vins as last thursday. probably more to come today

Gator85

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Don't want to be a bummer, but I ordered a 22 October 14, 2021 and was told exactly same thing you were. "Early order. Could get pulled first wave." Still waiting on VIN. Probably going to become 23. It's a roll of the dice, luck of the draw.

OP
OP
NMFB

NMFB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered a 2022 37 Package in December 2021, just got a VIN yesterday for 2023 build date week of 10/17.

It's stories like this that scare me. Wondering if I can find a good deal for a 22 on the lot, should I buy it and drive until mine comes in, if it ever does...