2024 Raptor Quality issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ive had small stuff happen to mine so far. I picked it up beginning of April and as of today only has 633 miles on it, with more tech these things are bound to happen it's just part of the game now. One of the interior sensors was bad where the car alarm was going off randomly, first I thought it was a bad battery but turned out to be the sensor. Other issue I have is the drivers side cooled seat the motor sounds like its going to overspeed, where as the passenger side seat sounds nothing like the drivers side seat. Here is a video of how it sounds. some times it sounds like its going to overspeed other times it sounds like an animal is in the back seat. and no air blows into the seat

My driver seat did this. Hope you were able to get it fixed. Mine was still cooling when it made that sound though. Started 100 miles or so after leaving the dealer.

marcosBinOC

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody notice how easily the interior plastics scratch?
yes.
upper portion of one of the door cards was scratched on mine upon delivery...it will not "wipe off" as others have suggested.
Scratched door card on delivery.jpg

What's worse is the delivered scratches in the center of the gauge cluster.
Truck had 30 delivery miles on it when purchased, dealer said it had only been on the lot for a day.
I told them not to clean the vehicle in advance of collection, here's a shot of it when picked up (dirty) from the dealer and after getting home from being properly cleaned, ppf & paint correction:

Scratched Gauge Cluster Upon Delivery.jpg

Scratched Gauge Cluster.jpg

Is there no gauge cluster screen protection applied at the factory??

Last edited:

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fro those if you that picked up your 2024 Raptor what type of quality issues are you noticing?

I should have done a better job at doing my own checks but hey you get excited when picking up a new truck.

Here are issues I noted:
1.) The tailgate appliqué seems to be loose. Seen a post under the raptor R with the same issue.
2.) Front cabin trim pieces have gaps (fairly big gaps). A child could have probably put it together better. I am more mad at me for not seeing those when I picked up the truck (see pictures).

The dealership says they just need to pop the trims in place and that they should not need to remove any trim. Not too sure about that. I read the tailgate appliqué was part of an enhanced PDI checklist, I doubt my dealership did a good job checking things.

My build is a Jan 2024 build snd I just picked it up last Friday.

Not so much quality issues but Ford has made the interior a bit cheaper:
1.) the "new" door trim and dash material feels very cheap. My 2023 Raptor had a more solid material. It almost feels that you can damage this material fairly easily.
2.) Part of the seat trims material is very very cheap compared to the 2023 Raptor (maybe even prior models). Previously on the regular Raptor seats felt like suede. This new material feels like a really cheap fabric.

Not sure if anyone noticed but from the early builds to newer builds the msrp increased about $350. You'd think that with increasing prices they at least try to do better quality at Ford. So much for holding these trucks up for quality issues its obvious that is not Ford's strong area.

I still love the truck and I personally like the refreshed front and HUD. Check your trucks!! Not good for me but hopefully you guys don't have similar issues.

View attachment 454196View attachment 454197View attachment 454198
that should snap together. My 22 had paint issues and my 20 was perfect. There always will be flaws in these new times.

Xpro

Reaction score
Hi all, just took delivery of a '24 Raptor in Shelter Green. Do any of the other '24s not have working sensors on the door handles to lock/unlock? We tried all the raptors on the lot and none worked. Wasn't sure if it's a part Ford is waiting on or if they removed the tech on the raptor. Lights turn on with key proximity, and door key code works, but the door handle sensors/button do not.
Mine doesn’t work either. I reprogrammed the remote and still doesn’t work. Would
Like to see an answer/solution.

OP
OP
R

rp2024

Reaction score
that should snap together. My 22 had paint issues and my 20 was perfect. There always will be flaws in these new times.
We thought it would be an easy fix but apparently not. One section according to the service director is not an easy fix. One trim on the center could not snap back and they will order the part (have not heard from them maybe they forgot lol).

flyitaway

Reaction score
Is there anyone else with a gap in the rear passenger window seal?

Also, is the engraved Raptor on the running boards supposed to be in the rear or front? Mine are in the rear.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1229.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1229.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 51

BushwiickBill

Reaction score
Is there anyone else with a gap in the rear passenger window seal?

Also, is the engraved Raptor on the running boards supposed to be in the rear or front? Mine are in the rear.
My passenger seals look similar. Raptor logo is also in the rear portion of the running boards.