2024 build date???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaxes

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm for me. I placed my order 2-3 months ago with a dealer. They said the truck hasn’t been selected for a build date still so they aren’t available to give the vin and info until the build is scheduled. It looks like most are getting shipment confirmation of their truck about 2 months after the build date. Does this all seem normal for how your procedures went? Thanks!

RaptorJoe331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm for me. I placed my order 2-3 months ago with a dealer. They said the truck hasn’t been selected for a build date still so they aren’t available to give the vin and info until the build is scheduled. It looks like most are getting shipment confirmation of their truck about 2 months after the build date. Does this all seem normal for how your procedures went? Thanks!
Most likely they don't have an allocation. Without an allocation, your order will never get built

nltruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 2 others orders put in late Oct and neither have received an allocation yet

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m just disgusted, the whole process, the lack of communication, a tracking system that rarely works. To me, it’s completely taken the wind out of the sail of getting a new Raptor. When it’s get to the dealer, I’m in, hand over the check and leaving. It’s not the dealers fault, but I’m just tired of talking to them, Ford and getting a run around or even the Ford Chat crap who told me I was getting my truck three weeks ago. Mine, like most of yours, is sitting in some lot of ramp 51 or 54 Flat Rock, MI collecting dust. I ordered Nov. 11th, it was built in February and probably flat spotted the tires by now haha. The dealer said he would try and place another identical order in the system to see if I can get it faster that way. Who knows, I’m not holding my breadth for either.
I don’t get why it’s such a big deal. I ordered in September. In production 2/12
Delivery I would guess April. Which is pretty much what I expected. Have never called the dealer once.

jak405817

Reaction score
I placed an order for a 37 on 3/1, dealer told me on 3/13 that my production date was 4/1. He also sent me a pic of the vin which I can enter into Ford and see the 4/1 date. Sorry to hear what you are going through. My guess is your dealer didn’t have allocation and is waiting to get more allocation?

Jaxes

Reaction score
I placed an order for a 37 on 3/1, dealer told me on 3/13 that my production date was 4/1. He also sent me a pic of the vin which I can enter into Ford and see the 4/1 date. Sorry to hear what you are going through. My guess is your dealer didn’t have allocation and is waiting to get more allocation?
Damn man they led me astray here. I asked if they have allocations and can order when I did. They confirmed and said they can order for me. I just pressed them on the allocation and waiting to hear back

BahaBlastediam

Reaction score
Rhyme or reason for shipping order?

Damn man they led me astray here. I asked if they have allocations and can order when I did. They confirmed and said they can order for me. I just pressed them on the allocation and waiting to hear back
If you didn’t put a deposit down I’d look elsewhere or ask around

RAPTORZIN

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you at least obtain a Retail COVP Enrollment approval indicating that the Order was accepted? That doesn't guarantee allocation or scheduling but at least provides proof the Dealership did submit it. If you have a VIN then the lookup tool will work, but if you don't see the term "Special Order" it's not yours, its likely a stock order. Best of luck.