2023 Order is in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewRap4Me

Reaction score
Will have to edit my name soon. 23 ‘35 scheduled for assembly 10/17. Only been working on this since 9/21. 13 ish months later……..

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2023 order is in..... 9/20 order date
CO, std interior, 37, generator, carbon
Dealer advised me to skip the ford spray in and do line-x after the fact to avoid commodity holds whenever my number comes up
I want the tailgate applique and told them i would wait if that was on hold

thoughts on how confident should i be? Situation
-worked directly with sales mgr
-told they don't know how many retail allocations they will get (red flag). Could not pull out if they were just being cautious because of what happened in 2022
-told they took 3 retail orders in 22 and all were delivered, along with 3 stock units
-Order preview I signed was flagged retail, my name/contact info, and priority 10.
-Told I am the FIRST retail order for 2023 std raptor (they also have an R order in)
-have not received welcome from ford yet, but has only been 2 days

The only thing making me nervous is that they told me they don't know how many retail orders they will get which we know to be not entirely accurate, however if they were truthful that I am #1 in line should i even care? I cant imagine a world where a dealer that is getting an R is getting 0 std trucks

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2023 order is in..... 9/20 order date
CO, std interior, 37, generator, carbon
Dealer advised me to skip the ford spray in and do line-x after the fact to avoid commodity holds whenever my number comes up
I want the tailgate applique and told them i would wait if that was on hold

thoughts on how confident should i be? Situation
-worked directly with sales mgr
-told they don't know how many retail allocations they will get (red flag). Could not pull out if they were just being cautious because of what happened in 2022
-told they took 3 retail orders in 22 and all were delivered, along with 3 stock units
-Order preview I signed was flagged retail, my name/contact info, and priority 10.
-Told I am the FIRST retail order for 2023 std raptor (they also have an R order in)
-have not received welcome from ford yet, but has only been 2 days

The only thing making me nervous is that they told me they don't know how many retail orders they will get which we know to be not entirely accurate, however if they were truthful that I am #1 in line should i even care? I cant imagine a world where a dealer that is getting an R is getting 0 std trucks
I assume they mean they don't know how many allocations will be granted to them for MY23 for this specialty vehicle to have a customer availble to place a retail order against. Right now they are acting confident that things will be similar historically to what they received in the past. Three stock from past where most likely a shuffle... offered additional allocations at random times... they agreed to accept them and placed a stock order limiting known or common restraints to better suit their sales needs and future allocations in hopes they would arrive quicker and sell quick instead of waiting for someone to find them first place a retail order submit that has restraints holding up delivery and delaying their position on sales considered again in formula for future allocations. They can place the order regardless and assign a PC 10. Assures that this would be considered over any PC 11-19 or if another PC 10 your order date would also be a factor. Once they are notified of their allocation(s) and any restraints... your order could be reviewed and moved towards being considered for scheduling. Ford may even move your PC up because your build fits current scheduling and production criteria and if they do you should be scheduled soon thereafter. Only plus is your dealing with Sales mgr. Everything else is standard expectations. Keep an eye on them and how they practice against specialty vehicle allocations. Also at any time commodity, parts restraints can occur... so the spray in may or may not be an issue at the time of allocation notice and further at the time of build. Those are the risks with us all... but this is all known if they communicate and know how to look this up.