2023 Avalanche, Recaros, 37" PP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still not worth a hill of beans when it comes to resale value. If you KBB a Raptor, doesnt matter if it is RED, White, Black, "avalanche" with princess blue interior. They are all going to be worth the same.

Not true in the real world. I sold my avalanche 37 without Recaro’s to a dealer for $95,000. He said if it was any other color $90,000 tops. This was a few months ago.

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not true in the real world. I sold my avalanche 37 without Recaro’s to a dealer for $95,000. He said if it was any other color $90,000 tops. This was a few months ago.

Someone gets it lol. While KBB/NADA value doesnt affect what price a vehicle is based on color, color DOES play a factor with certain vehicle. If anyone comes from the exotic car world, especially Porsche - you'll understand the game. A 991.2 GT3RS in silver and miami blue will be the same KBB/NADA value on paper (minus the markup for custom paint), but put that sucker out in the real world and guaranteed you'll fetch a higher dollar for the more rare color. When it comes to niche vehicles, spec plays a high role.

My own real life example: i drove my truck to the gym and some guy kept eyeballing my car so he waited for me to park. He endsup being a Ford salesman and said I have the exact spec most of his customers are asking for, including himself: will I take 15k over sticker right now because he needs the avalance+37pp. I said no. Now tell me color doesnt play a role in the real world.

What your personal belief on what color is nice or not doesn't matter - what matters is demand of the market and ask most of the Raptor market from Ford themselves to this forum's polls, avalance is a highly in-demand color choice. So high, that they had to dig back into their 2017 archives and brought a color back nearly 6yrs later

Last edited:

LibertyDNP

Reaction score
I know this is a few months old now, but it’s crazy what that sold for considering what I’ve been seeing these go for on the market recently. There been this exact build (year, color, etc) local to me with 5k miles that’s been sitting on the lot for almost 80 days and cannot sell at 83k. I just ordered a 24 avalanche (801) and I’m tempted to get the aforementioned used 23.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
No more free or easy financing, so if you don’t have the means, you’re not getting the new Raptor.
83k is _ok_ in the current market but I think high 70’s is more in line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter