2021 Raptor info on Motor Trend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why do the Recaro's have to be blue and have the alcantara inserts? Not liking the fact that to get the 37's you have to get the Recaro's and decals. Guessing the 37 package will be north of $5k.
Was wondering the same, why have a special interior mandatory with 37" tires, I understand the decals on the exterior as required by law. Maybe they will alter this as the release gets closer to reality.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
it is a good fusion of both Gens, IMO. The bumper, rear, and new hood scoop are the only things I don't particularly care for.

Uh where is this 8 minute suspension vid you speak of? Edit found it: https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/permalink.html?VideoId=6228710005001

Hmm, fundamental handling characteristics still seem similar to my 2017. In particular, that 4 wheel rebound hop after the jump at 2:38. In some situations it seems better, but not as much as the upgrades would lead you to believe.

I think you'll find if you look closer, there is much less "bucking". The linked rear is also going to put power down way better and help with control int he rough stuff.

you'll be able to settle the rear with throttle inputs much easier in the gen3 trucks.

you have to drive a gen2 differently than a gen1 to be smooth. It looks like you're going to need to learn to drive a gen3 differently than a gen2 to be smooth.

Haters gonna hate, but it looks like Ford put a lot of the R&D into vehicle dynamics, which I appreciate. ( even if it is a scenario where you have to drive one to realize the difference.)

Unless you design a vehicle to the lowest common denominator, a great design will always be polarizing.

Time will tell.

I will say that Ford's pro driver for the promo reels got REALLY friendly with the bump stops, which I appreciate.

Last edited:

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you'll find if you look closer, there is much less "bucking". The linked rear is also going to put power down way better and help with control int he rough stuff.

you'll be able to settle the rear with throttle inputs much easier in the gen2 trucks.

you have to drive a gen2 differently than a gen1 to be smooth. It looks like you're going to need to learn to drive a gen3 differently than a gen2 to be smooth.

Haters gonna hate, but it looks like Ford put a lot of the R&D into vehicle dynamics, which I appreciate. ( even if it is a scenario where you have to drive one to realize the difference.)

Unless you design a vehicle to the lowest common denominator, a great design will always be polarizing.

Time will tell.

I will say that Ford's pro driver for the promo reels got REALLY friendly with the bump stops, which I appreciate.

The getting power down part is a good point I'd forgotten about. I burned out in normal mode at a stop light yesterday....

The compression seems less soft too, I suspect helped by the live valve. I definitely noticed the suspension was a little more level, but it was still bouncing around a whole lot more than expected. I've seen some stock Gen 2s go through similar terrain and they weren't much worse off.

Hard to judge just how bad the landscape is. Guess I'll have to beg for rides from new owners haha! Be a fun comparison vid to make.

You going to TRR this year btw?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
The getting power down part is a good point I'd forgotten about. I burned out in normal mode at a stop light yesterday....

The compression seems less soft too, I suspect helped by the live valve. I definitely noticed the suspension was a little more level, but it was still bouncing around a whole lot more than expected. I've seen some stock Gen 2s go through similar terrain and they weren't much worse off.

Hard to judge just how bad the landscape is. Guess I'll have to beg for rides from new owners haha! Be a fun comparison vid to make.

You going to TRR this year btw?

I am not. I'll be on a run to Baja Sur and somewhere south of Loreto on may 21st.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why do the Recaro's have to be blue and have the alcantara inserts? Not liking the fact that to get the 37's you have to get the Recaro's and decals. Guessing the 37 package will be north of $5k.

Way north. At 2020 prices aren't decals and Recaros $4k? Beadlock wheels were $1800 in 2020. There's almost $6k at last years pricing without the fancy shocks and the "because we can" markup. I'm guessing that the package will set you back about $10k.