2021 Order Cancelled By dealer..? Anyone get 'cancelled' by their 'dealer'?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I am posting this to see if anyone else got a text from Ward cancelling their order based on the "rep and Ford" relaying this instruction to do so. I am not happy with the dealer just cancelling my order simply because I was asking for some communication.. which we all were told we'd get regardless of what that update was.. the same thing every week.. no update. Then I simply asked if could just roll my order over to 22. I was told yes. within the next week, I get a text, not even a phone call, telling me, not asking, that my order was just simply cancelled and he would refund the deposit. I never said or hinted I wanted to cancel, but just wanted to know what my options would be. I need some clarity on this.. Just because it's frustrating, doesn't mean you should just cancel someone's order..? Just communicate, like you said you would. Pick up the phone once a month and say, hey, it's still taking a while.. you good with waiting? Instead of just going dark, making people think you just are being ignored.. that's what gets people upset.

Anyone else get their order just stripped away from them? Really would like to know, as I am not understanding how a dealer would just do that. I doubt this is the way it went down and he is just selling my spot to someone else.. unless people post here telling me they had the same disappointing thing happen.

delbarrio

Reaction score
There is another post from a few days ago “
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/vision-ford-raptor-21-group-orders-squad.86855/

There are quite a few of us… maybe 25-30 that have had the same crappy thing from the same crappy dealer and the same crappy guy….. happen. I wish there was some way that we could collectively complain to Ford so he could face some type of consequence. After all that time we don’t even have the advantage of having had a place in line ….. just an all around reaming with no lube !!!!

Ragnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ward Cater did the same thing to me. Super depressing. I don’t think he had the allocations and just submitted the order to Ford hoping they would honor it. What a waste of time going with him. Sold my truck in July then to get this heartbreaking news.

OP
OP
highway420

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap.. have to say I'm relieved in sh!tty way to know I am not the only one. This does suck.. I agree, don't really know if he actually had the allocations or not. Was surprised in first place he did. Even questioned it when I did talk to him, one time, in the beginning.. placing the order and giving credit card info.. He said he did. FP, when called said it was 'accepted by Ford', just not scheduled yet..

Keep this thread going too.. really want to see how many of us got the shaft.. practices like this is what makes people go to other brands. I am lucky enough to have not jumped on the wagon and sold my 18, but I was sooo close to doing so.. dealer here in LA offered my 68K back in July. I have low mileage, so that's why it such a high #.. but glad I didn't.. Not saying I'd go to dodge, but know a few who have cause of crap like this happening.

Ragnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was a scam from day 1.
I am trying to get my first Raptor and had no idea in the beginning. I just trusted him and that was my mistake. I am still shocked by what happened. This guy doesn’t realize how much he messed with my life. As a current member of the military, I am just shocked as to what this country has become. Screw the guy who has busted his a s s just to make a buck.

SulDogger

Reaction score
Another member gave me a lead and I am currently working with the dealer. Supposedly going to place an order tomorrow. But I am very skeptical due to what happened to me.
Different dealer, but very close to what you are all going through. Ordered June 23, dealer said they had 3 allocations. Nope. Never had an allocation, my order was canceled. Found a dealer this week that was willing to work with me on a stock order that arrives 10/7. I did pay a small ADM, but like you, I sold my f150 earlier this summer and needed a truck. I hope it works out for you this week!