2021 Gen 3 Owners - Bad year to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genrec

Reaction score
Hi all, highly considering buying a 2021 that I have come across near me. I have come across articles that 2021's may be a year with a lot of issues. Can 2021 owners speak to this, or is just the usual like all vehicles some will be lemons and have issues, or is it that they all seem to have a couple of the same issues. If this has been discussed, sorry possibly provide links.

Thanks all for your help with this. Hope to be apart of the community.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Mine has been fine outside of the replacement of a ride height sensor. Problem with trying to gauge based off of what people write on here is that most only put their fingers on the keyboard when it is time to share an issue. Threads that say, "Another trouble free day with the Raptor" are not that interesting. With that in mind, yesterday was another trouble free day with the Raptor.

PlumbRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was kinda nervous about a new model raptor. Bought my 2021 used with about 27k miles. I looked it over head to toe. Was in mint condition. Check history and it had nothing done to it under warranty outside recalls. It seems like most of the issue pop up early on. If you can make it trouble free past 10k miles, the consensus seems to be you have a good one. I've bought a lot of vehicles and my main focus is always service and maintenance history. That is your best shot at getting a decent used vehicle. No guarantees of course though

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with mine outside of a weird AC quirk that hasn't happened since last year. It's been a great truck.

Gator85

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. I have a 2021. Only came primered. Not painted. The damn heated steering wheel burns my hands. And those dad gum cupholder lights will blind you. Other than that, 17,000 miles with a wide grin. Oh yea, forgot the Torsen really sucks too!

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
33K miles on mine since purchasing new off the dealer lot in early Sept. 2021. Had a couple of recalls and the rear suspension clunk(both rear shocks were replaced to fix that). I drive it pretty hard and it's been an awesome truck. Some mild offroading, many trips, towing a boat and hauling another truck on a flat bed trailer. Tires are still holding up despite all the use.

I'm still waiting on my OTA update, but that's an issue across all years and F-150s as well.

NinjaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up this 21 raptor with 5k miles.. I did do/purchase a gold cert on it from the dealer which will extend the warranty another 12 months /12k miles.. that could be an option for you to give you a peace of mind.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rear shocks replaced, had the one time loud gun shot thru the stereo and a dead battery once, they blamed that on me. BS Been really good, not looking forward to trading it for my R coming soon.
Great truck, 25k miles. Totally happy