2021 Gen 3 Fender Flares …what is cost to repair replace

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am a couple steps closer to actually getting my 21 gen 3 37….Leadfoot…I am transporting my truck to my home in CA…I was all set to pick-up the truck and enjoy a nice 1400 drive home…but my little 14 month Old got a cold or COVID or something so dad was not leaving his side….in any case…during the inspection prior to loading the transporter noted some damage on the flares…some scratches that went through clear coat….the worse one being on the driver side front fender flare…I was going to expel them when it was delivered because fender flares can and do get scratched when using your truck as God intended…lol. The scratch is long and very thin ..almost like a razor cut …View attachment 323385

What is the cost to repair a fender flare or should I just get a new one?

Duck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am a couple steps closer to actually getting my 21 gen 3 37….Leadfoot…I am transporting my truck to my home in CA…I was all set to pick-up the truck and enjoy a nice 1400 drive home…but my little 14 month Old got a cold or COVID or something so dad was not leaving his side….in any case…during the inspection prior to loading the transporter noted some damage on the flares…some scratches that went through clear coat….the worse one being on the driver side front fender flare…I was going to expel them when it was delivered because fender flares can and do get scratched when using your truck as God intended…lol. The scratch is long and very thin ..almost like a razor cut …View attachment 323385

What is the cost to repair a fender flare or should I just get a new one?

I don’t Understand your question. If damaged in transport they need to fix. I’d demand on a brand new truck they simply replace the fender instead of trying to repair it

Fat Panda

Reaction score
My left rear flare was scratched and damaged on delivery. Dealer ordered a new flair and it’s currently on back order. According to my sales guy the transport company covers the cost of the repairs for damages in transport.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
From the picture it looks like a dent on the inside edge so more then a scratch. I hope you had it documented on the delivery paper work!

OP
OP
R

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t Understand your question. If damaged in transport they need to fix. I’d demand on a brand new truck they simply replace the fender instead of trying to repair it
Reread my post…“transporter noticed prior to loading damage”. The damage was already there prior to his loading the vehicle—-It‘s @ $650 for a new flare(dealer doesn’t know if its painted or if it Needs to be painted).

we will see

OP
OP
R

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$ 200 to repaint
Thank you ——Maybe I will paint all 4 to match (leadfoot) I’ve seen a couple with matching flares and liked….just in time for me to scratch them myself with some runs at Octillo…Cheers