2021 Ford Raptor Is it 50 state legal for California ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrdinaryStory

Reaction score
The lovely USPS and DMV....the most efficient inefficient organizations in the world! The bigger picture is our GDP would be much higher without those two!

nickdavis1

Reaction score
Hey, When I ordered my 2018 Raptor from a Nevada dealer, I needed to specify CA Emissions .....Without it, you couldn’t register the vehicle in CA....I am placing an order from a Texas dealer for a 2021—Do the dealer or I need to specify CA Emissions again....not sure and I don’t want to find out the hard way...

Cheers
I bought a 12 f-150 from texas drove it back to Northern California registered it at the dmv talking an flirting with the big girl save me a few hundred dollars! I had to take my truck to a weight station smog all that. They did pop the hood and it says up on the hood. “ this vehicle is not for sale in states with California emissions standards” he looked right at it wrote a few things down on his clip board I closed the hood and they gave me my new license plates and tags

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CA DMV :D
Took my 911 to get registered (bought it out of TX). The vehicle inspector walks around, checks the odometer and walks to the front of the car. Stands there and asks me to pop the hood so that he can check the engine and emission stickers… I tell him “the engine is in the back”. He looks at me puzzled and still has me open the frunk, realizes his mistake and walks to the back, hands me the form back without a word and walks away!!!
I’m totally looking forward to them inspecting the Raptor

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All 2017-2020 raptor were not CA compliant..without that CA sticker..it would fail vehicle inspection and let your paperwork nightmare with the CA DMV begin....CA has very aggressive rules and the DMV enforces them with great energy and disregard..And they make up interpretations daily...My brand new 2018 Raptor had a simple error on the VIN inspection ...the VIN inspector debated with the The DMV head about what was a J or G on my inspection report...he insisted he was correct with marking a g (it was a J) and I had the vehicle right there to confirm he was wrong ...DMV manager agreed with me ...but the inspector wasn’t her employee ....so I had to wait untiL the next day when he would be gone and another reasonable inspector could complete the correct inspection...yes this happens...and using logic rarely wins with the CA DMV....Maybe the 2021 raptors all have this CA sticier...but if it doesn’t....CA DMV is a absolute nightmare to deal with.....Cheers
JFC already... EVERY SINGLE MOTHERFUCKINGRAPTOR IS CA/50 STATE LEGAL WITH A CA STICKER IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT. The CA options doesn't mean **** or matter.