2021 Ford Raptor Is it 50 state legal for California ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, When I ordered my 2018 Raptor from a Nevada dealer, I needed to specify CA Emissions .....Without it, you couldn’t register the vehicle in CA....I am placing an order from a Texas dealer for a 2021—Do the dealer or I need to specify CA Emissions again....not sure and I don’t want to find out the hard way...

Cheers

OrdinaryStory

Reaction score
No worries. :)

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Hey, When I ordered my 2018 Raptor from a Nevada dealer, I needed to specify CA Emissions .....Without it, you couldn’t register the vehicle in CA....I am placing an order from a Texas dealer for a 2021—Do the dealer or I need to specify CA Emissions again....not sure and I don’t want to find out the hard way...

Cheers
This was true but what they didn’t tell anyone was that ALL 2017-2020 raptors are CA emission compliant, equipped or not. Not sure on the gen3 but I would assume it’s cheaper to make them all the same.

-Ryan-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would of had no problem registering a non-ca compliant Raptor in CA. Just like myself and probably thousands of other Californians who bought Raptors out of state. I would guess that Gen3 would be the same especially because it's the same engine but who knows at this point. All DMV looks for when you register is an emissions sticker under the hood. As long as it says CA-something you're good. ALL Gen2 had that sticker.

rbraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Cheers
You can register any Raptor in CA. I bought mine last year and spoke to at least 10 people at Ford corporate - including 2 engineers - and all Raptors have the sticker on the engine that shows CA compliance and 50 state compliance. Call your dealer and have them run to the actual truck and look for it. I ended up getting mine in Arkansas for when I lived in CA. Then I moved to Texas, thank goodness. :)

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
50 state emissions and california emisions are different. California emisions shows up on the title. Its also option 422 when ordering. Depending on your state you might need option 422(california emissions). In NYS you register before you get inspected. If the title does not show california emissions then the truck can not be registered(NY NJ PA CT) untill it has 5000 or more miles. Any dealer can order a truck with option 422 but cant be done on the saleman level. I went threw this last time and I am currently going threw it again buying from a state that doesnt require california emissions on trucks. The trucks are 100 percent the same with our without option 422. Its striclty a paperwork thing that can not be added after the truck is built.

OrdinaryStory

Reaction score
I think this has a very good chance of working....show up to DMV in person to register, drag their lazy ass outside and tell them to look under the hood?

50 state is CA emission certified. Not sure why some particular states are really trying to make it harder than communist California to register.

Screenshot_20210621-074350~2.png

OP
OP
R

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was true but what they didn’t tell anyone was that ALL 2017-2020 raptors are CA emission compliant, equipped or not. Not sure on the gen3 but I would assume it’s cheaper to make them all the same.
All 2017-2020 raptor were not CA compliant..without that CA sticker..it would fail vehicle inspection and let your paperwork nightmare with the CA DMV begin....CA has very aggressive rules and the DMV enforces them with great energy and disregard..And they make up interpretations daily...My brand new 2018 Raptor had a simple error on the VIN inspection ...the VIN inspector debated with the The DMV head about what was a J or G on my inspection report...he insisted he was correct with marking a g (it was a J) and I had the vehicle right there to confirm he was wrong ...DMV manager agreed with me ...but the inspector wasn’t her employee ....so I had to wait untiL the next day when he would be gone and another reasonable inspector could complete the correct inspection...yes this happens...and using logic rarely wins with the CA DMV....Maybe the 2021 raptors all have this CA sticier...but if it doesn’t....CA DMV is a absolute nightmare to deal with.....Cheers

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone is missing the bigger picture here.... come to Florida as long as you are a contributing member of society and lose all those ****** state taxes as well as commi regulations, emissions testing, and every other terrible legislation they have, just leave the Cali politics in Cali.