2021 37PP - Broken into - Zero alert/alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 weeks ago some scumbag here in DFW broke my rear window and tried to break my front to get a smelly gym bag.
Woke up at 6am and was heading to gym and saw this happened. ZERO alarm went off, ZERO Fordpass alerts.

Question is this - Do the 2021's have this "Ford perimeter Plus Alarm"?

I have seen the Forscan threads about the alarm system, but I thoughts the 21's had this?

back window gone.jpg

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
2021 has a Perimeter Alarm (senses open doors and hood). Perimeter plus is something that you would have to purchase separately. The plus gives shock sensors. There are interior sensors, but they need to be turned on and I'm not sure if they would have triggered in your incident. Sucks, but it is best not to leave anything in plain view.

OP
OP
D

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2021 has a Perimeter Alarm (senses open doors and hood). Perimeter plus is something that you would have to purchase separately. The plus gives shock sensors. There are interior sensors, but they need to be turned on and I'm not sure if they would have triggered in your incident. Sucks, but it is best not to leave anything in plain view.
OK - has anyone done this? It isn't expensive - what does the dealer charge to install? Are the settings on the screen?

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my kids were sitting in my truck while i ran into the gas station. truck was running. alarm kept going off. 2021 37 pack truck

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I have not added the Plus. Your interior sensors should pick up movement if someone was to reach into one of the windows. Especially the front windows. That option for interior sensor settings should be accessible through your infotainment screen.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed Perimeter Plus in my 2018 after some cockroach tried to get my truck. I also got Ravelco.

It’s a pretty easy install-plug and play. I made my own metal bracket. I’d like to have the led warning light too.

It’s works well and the sensitivity is adjustable.

IMG_4211.jpeg

I do get an alert on FordPass when the Perimeter Plus is triggered. Did the Richard unhook the horn?

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where at in DFW? Every time I park my truck out of site I wonder if I’ll ever see it again.
I actually took a rental to San Antonio for that reason.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have the interior motion sensors on? I had a backpack fall from the seat in my truck while it was locked and set the alarm off. So i know it works. Guess they could have broke the window and hit the unlock button?

OP
OP
D

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the interior motion sensors on? I had a backpack fall from the seat in my truck while it was locked and set the alarm off. So i know it works. Guess they could have broke the window and hit the unlock button?
I am going to check it out - I sure do think I have that option on. I was shocked. I mean they ripped the damn window out. Was laying on my grass.