2020 superduty 10spd - how similar to the raptor 10spd?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The numbers are metric trans rating e.g. Newton Meters - you have to convert to ft/lbs

800 = 590
1400 - 1032

Supposedly. We all know it clearly corresponds to torque capacity, but AFAIK, Ford has never confirmed that those numbers are their actual torque ratings. That's why you got some guys thinking it's ft-lbs, and some N-m. Ford has never said one way or the other that I've seen.

RC Blk Bird

Reaction score
Straight from Ford

Ford 10R80/GM 10L80 Transmission Specs

Transmission:

Ford 10R80, General Motors Hydra-Matic 10L80

Type:

10 speed automatic

Production Plant:

Ford 10R80

Ford Livonia Transmission Plant, Livonia, Michigan

GM 10L80

Romulus Powertrain, Romulus, Michigan

Model Years/Applications:

2017 - current, various applications

Case Material:

Aluminum

Max Input Torque:

~ 800 N-m (~590 lb-ft), nominal rating

Weight:

~ 230 lbs

ATF Type/Spec:

Motorcraft ULV ATF (Ford applications), DEXRON ULV ATF (GM applications)

Transmission Fluid Spec (ATF):

~ 13 U.S. qts

Normal ATF Temperature:

206° F to 215° F (96° C to 101° C)

Transmission Filter P/N:

Motorcraft FT-202 (GM p/n not available at time of publishing)

Service Intervals:

150,000 miles (replace transmission fluid and filter)

Features:

• Adaptive strategy perpetually adjusts shifts schedule in anticipation of driver's manners and driving conditions

• 1 piece transmission case with integrated bellhousing

• Variable displacement vane transmission fluid pump

• 260 mm torque converter

• 10 forward speeds, 3 overdrive ratios

• Rear wheel drive applications only

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you copied that "straight from Ford" info from dieselhub.com? You got anything actually from Ford?

Again, not saying it's NOT 800 N-m but, I've yet to ever see anything from Ford directly confirming that over the 20+ years they've used this xrxx convention.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to drive a new superduty with the 10spd? I was curious if it acts similar to the 10spd in the raptor. looking for positive/negative experiences. That seems like a great application with the diesel.

WOW this got off topic. To answer OP - I have not personally but my best friend just scooped a 2020 diesel sport and he said it shifts super smooth and the torque of the truck is insane, this was my first question for him once he drove it. I would imagine I will be driving in the very near future so I will let you know how it goes. I also have no qualms with the 10 speed in the raptor, I think mine shifts super smooth and have not had issues that others have experienced.