GEN 2 2020 Raptor tune ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Torquebeast

Reaction score
So I have had nothing but 3/4 ton diesels for the last 20+ years. All were tuned except my 2017 powerstroke as I just did not see the needs because it ran really good. With that said I now have a 2020 Raptor and feel like it is way under powered compared to the diesel. From a start it is snappy but if I’m cruising at 65 mph and go to pass it is very laggy and slow to pick up speed. So after researching it seems MPT and Goosetuned seems to be the go to tuners for these trucks. A question I have is can you have a specific map for power in the tow haul mode that reduces power or do all modes have to have the exact same power increase and only change response of steering, throttle ect or are we stuck with having the same power across all modes? I don’t tow much but don’t want to have to reflash every time I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MPT offers multiple tunes to include a tow tune. Switching tune characteristics of the tune via steering wheel mode button is not available,

BTW, I tow perhaps 2x a year, reflashing back to stock for towing takes 7 minutes.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have had nothing but 3/4 ton diesels for the last 20+ years. All were tuned except my 2017 powerstroke as I just did not see the needs because it ran really good. With that said I now have a 2020 Raptor and feel like it is way under powered compared to the diesel. From a start it is snappy but if I’m cruising at 65 mph and go to pass it is very laggy and slow to pick up speed. So after researching it seems MPT and Goosetuned seems to be the go to tuners for these trucks. A question I have is can you have a specific map for power in the tow haul mode that reduces power or do all modes have to have the exact same power increase and only change response of steering, throttle ect or are we stuck with having the same power across all modes? I don’t tow much but don’t want to have to reflash every time I do.

Reach out to Goosetuned (@GooseTuned). His customer service is above and beyond any other service provider. He will get you set up with a Cobb AP tuner and custom maps, including a tow map. You will need an upgraded intercooler and CAI if want to run stage 2 maps. These trucks need some help to get them where they should have been out of the factory. Another thing is these trucks crave ethanol. I would try to find 93 octane with 10% ethanol if available to you. I run e50 most of the time with the appropriate map.

OP
OP
T

Torquebeast

Reaction score
I have seen these do well on Ethanol and not opposed to it all. I have 87,91,93 and E85 available to me. I realize it doesn’t take much to reflash but I hate having to do this due to the learning transmissions these things have. It would be perfect to have an E50 tune for performance and when you select tow mode the power is cut back a little to make it safe. And I guess one can wish.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Goosetune or no tune. Switching maps on the Cobb AP is actually pretty quick, no longer than a minute. it'd take longer to hook up your trailer than it would to switch maps FWIW.

I also recommend the TCM tuning as well, it's really impressed me and negates most of the quirky attributes of the 10R80. When you flash between a tow map and a power map, you won't reset the transmission learning cycle.

Seriously can't recommend @GooseTuned enough, customer service is on point, I once hit him up at 10pm west coast time on a Friday not expecting a reply until Monday, he had me a new map in 30 minutes, it's kinda crazy.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/cobb-accessport-tuned-by-goosetuned.65572/page-117

OP
OP
T

Torquebeast

Reaction score
Thx for the link. Already read through this one last week. Seems like there are gains being found with E85. What is the fuel usage with normal driving between a 91 tune and E85 tune?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody running a full E85 tune?

There are a few on here running full e85 tunes. I have not completely converted to e85 yet because it gets so cold in MN that I am gun shy. I told myself I would change the high pressure fuel pump this spring/summer. I definitely like the idea of not having to mix fuel with every fill up.