2019 Raptor stolen from dealer.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dealer owes you your first payment at least. But if it’s been 3 weeks why did she just invoice the dealer Friday?

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
This is a bad situation that happened to you no doubt, but this dragging out after the fact is on you. Why you keep waiting for others to fix it for you IDK...Keep rocking the boat until you get it sorted. Everyone here is telling you over and over and over what to do and yet you keep waiting around...makes no sense

Last edited:

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call up the biggest tv station in the area, they must have an investigative reporter that looks at shady shit and tries to fix it. That would light a fire under the dealers ass.

OP
OP
Harvey Singh

Harvey Singh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a bad situation that happened to you no doubt, but this dragging out after the fact is on you. Why you keep waiting for others to fix it for you IDK...Keep rocking the boat until you get it sorted. Everyone here is telling you over and over and over what to do and yet you keep waiting around...makes no sense

How am I waiting around? I’ve contacted the police 3x. They said they can’t do anything unless the dealer starts an investigation. Which I pressured them into doing.

I call the dealer 15x a day.

I contacted a lawyer, the bank and insurance.

insurance said the dealer must make the claim and I didn’t have insurance at the time of pickup by shipping company ( I didn’t get bill of sale until 24 hours later ).

bank cannot do anything but defer payments.

What the heck are you talking about? I’m here for opinions... I’m using everyone’s suggestions wisely.

I’ll be contacting a news channel next.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
In my opinion it’s unlikely a news channel will help, but, in your shoes - i would damn well try. Keep beating the bushes.

Police won’t act until there’s a provable larceny. For property crimes, you have to be an interested party with far beyond courtroom proof, it has to be pretty much iron clad. Then, they might act. Here, this is a softball. All they need is proper motivation. The stealership saying “this isn’t stolen” is a load of ********. Larceny, at it’s base is taking something from someone else unlawfully. That’s what they did to you, under the apparent fraudulent terms of a sales contract. It’s larceny nonetheless, eh.

IMO, the reason they’re desperately trying to convince you otherwise is likely to avoid criminal penalties. Your lawyer would be able to best guide you here but in my experience, tort law very seldom gets business attention. However, the prospect of felony jail time is a fantastic motivator, I can attest first hand. long story short - a contractor took money from my MIL, but failed to perform the work. a violation of ‘failure to deliver on promise of construction’, which sets out a VA crime of larceny for the amount taken, well north of the (then) $200 felony threshold. Within 30 minutes of the complaint being sworn, by me, I had a call that the contractor wanted to refund the money and did I wish to pursue charges or get the money. MIL said get the money so that’s what we did. He was so contrite. MIL was a retired widow on a fixed income. What kind of scumbag steals an old woman’s money...

Get your lawyer to push for fraud/theft angle. this will motivate the stealership more.
It also stands a lot better chance of making the news, because lets be honest - automobile dealerships are not exactly word renowned for honesty, ethics and good citizenry.

OP
OP
Harvey Singh

Harvey Singh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha!

I ended up emailing all of the presidents, financial controllers, GM’s in the whole go auto group and one finally got back to me... the VP is the one that’s forcing the dealer to give him head a shake and figure things out.

That’s why the authorities are now involved.

Thanks everyone, all this advice is being put to solid use and has been very fruitful.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well everyone, this may be a final update.

Spoke to the Vice President today and he said he’s never seen anything like this before.

1) They are getting ford involved to track the raptor and police will arrive to retrieve it.

2) They are suing autohaul

3) They’re probably going to reimburse me every dollar I spent on delivery ( total was 1800 both ways Canadian to send trade in and receive raptor). They originally gave me 500 off , I asked for the other 1300 as well. VP said he could swing that.

4) Free detail, alignment, oil change, and out of province inspection on the truck.

so this ordeal saved me 1800$ , 150$ for an inspection. Detail was free anyways as was oil change.

I’m going to also pickup a rental from them.

1950.00$. I hate this dealer and the shipping company but I think I’d be happy with this depending on how much longer the raptor takes to come in.

This is assuming that they didn't drive the shit out of it?

Last edited: