2019 Raptor Intel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
The tailgate handle and leading edge on the tailgate had something rubbing on it and those areas are worn down to the primer in spots and needs repainted. One of the fender flares was chipped up in a few spots.

I once passed a transport truck full of new cars, each car had the key in the door and a tag that had rubbed through the paint.

PBR ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They actually are accurate:

1) I submitted my order on Nov 27 and it was in the system the next day after I called Ford Performance. The dealer assured me it would be 8 weeks but maybe a maximum of 10 weeks. They definitely had allocations being that they are a 26 dealer group.

2) There was no one in front of me according to them and they're built on the same line as regular orders

3) Like I said, They didn't lie because it was immediately in the system as ordered

4) Well, the dealer had the allocation.

5) My delivery was not delayed by 13 days. Ordered Nov.17...8 weeks would have been Jan 22....10 weeks would have been Feb 5. Est delivery was March 3 which was almost 14 weeks. Then pushed to March 25. How is March 25th 13 days from Feb 5th being the 10th week?!?!?! Thats 48 days after the 10 weeks promised. 17 weeks!!! It'd be nice if you could add

So to reiterate, no car company in the world should take almost 5 months to deliver a car to anyone in the world. That's even assuming it arrives on March 25th. Who knows considering Fords ordering reputation.
Also, 5 months for a Porsche GT car is generally a SHORT wait. I’ve bought several and in all cases it was well over 8mos.

Quit whining. Go buy a Honda off the lot. It’s what you deserve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Candyman

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Also, 5 months for a Porsche GT car is generally a SHORT wait. I’ve bought several and in all cases it was well over 8mos.

Quit whining. Go buy a Honda off the lot. It’s what you deserve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have no clue what you're talking about! Thats ********! The only Porsche cars you wait for is R's, RS's etc (cheapest being over $200k) and you'd have to be a VIP (original 918 customer) customer to even get one of the first 918 produced. I've custom ordered 3 Porsches and the longest Ive waited is 3 months. You must be dealing with a dealer that is extremely small. Never heard of anyone waiting 8 months.

Its not about whining...its about professionalism. A company like Ford knows that their trucks go into production in October. They should be ready with all parts etc. To be shorthanded on parts for a car is ridiculous. 90% of orders were placed in advance so there's no excuse for it.

And as far as your Honda comment, you deserve one up your ass. Go **** with someone that's never owned many cars before. Ive owned Nissans, Acuras, BMWs, Mercedes, AMGs, Subarus, Porsches, a Vector, and Toyotas. This experience has been the worst.

I love how everyone thats a Ford fan will constantly make excuses for them. Look, I love the raptor, especially after I took it for a test drive. Ive wanted one badly for a year now. But you and everyone should be honest...their system sucks. Their customer service sucks. Their tracker sucks. Their updates suck!!!

Ive decided to get the truck. Flying to Kentucky and driving back to CT. My dealer showed that they are great people and I shouldn't blame them. Its the Corporations fault. My dealer is covering my travel arrangements and giving me a bigger discount without me even asking for one. Thats customer service!!!

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have no clue what you're talking about! Thats ********! The only Porsche cars you wait for is R's, RS's etc (cheapest being over $200k) and you'd have to be a VIP (original 918 customer) customer to even get one of the first 918 produced. I've custom ordered 3 Porsches and the longest Ive waited is 3 months. You must be dealing with a dealer that is extremely small. Never heard of anyone waiting 8 months.

Its not about whining...its about professionalism. A company like Ford knows that their trucks go into production in October. They should be ready with all parts etc. To be shorthanded on parts for a car is ridiculous. 90% of orders were placed in advance so there's no excuse for it.

And as far as your Honda comment, you deserve one up your ass. Go **** with someone that's never owned many cars before. Ive owned Nissans, Acuras, BMWs, Mercedes, AMGs, Subarus, Porsches, a Vector, and Toyotas. This experience has been the worst.

I love how everyone thats a Ford fan will constantly make excuses for them. Look, I love the raptor, especially after I took it for a test drive. Ive wanted one badly for a year now. But you and everyone should be honest...their system sucks. Their customer service sucks. Their tracker sucks. Their updates suck!!!

Ive decided to get the truck. Flying to Kentucky and driving back to CT. My dealer showed that they are great people and I shouldn't blame them. Its the Corporations fault. My dealer is covering my travel arrangements and giving me a bigger discount without me even asking for one. Thats customer service!!!

Hindsight is always 20/20, and mine says I take back my comment on hoping you get that Raptor. Now we're gonna have to listen to you bitch and moan about every little thing you don't like about it. Did you seriously think you could come to a forum dedicated to a FORD vehicle, **** on them the way you did, and not expect blowback? lolololol

Funny, for as many cars as you claim to have owned, you sure whine like an entitled millennial.

Candyman

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Hindsight is always 20/20, and mine says I take back my comment on hoping you get that Raptor. Now we're gonna have to listen to you bitch and moan about every little thing you don't like about it. Did you seriously think you could come to a forum dedicated to a FORD vehicle, **** on them the way you did, and not expect blowback? lolololol

Funny, for as many cars as you claim to have owned, you sure whine like an entitled millennial.

Hahahaha! This entire thread was started about the ordering info on the 2019 Ford Raptor. Never did I once shit on the Raptor. I shit on the entire processing of a car from ford. I am not the only one knocking on Ford for their incompetence! I don't understand why everyone takes it so personal?!?! Everyone should just be honest that the ordering process and time lapse for a Ford truck isn't on par for the price. I expressed how I felt about the entire process. I didn't knock anyone till they started making insulting comments.

Btw, Im 43 yrs old and never felt entitled to anything. And as far as whining, its more about being dissatisfied with an experience. Its called criticism when its justified. I based everything on past experiences with other manufacturers. Everyones experience is different. You and many on here sound like its not permitted to disagree or criticize when its appropriate to. WTF?!?!

Since when is it not allowed to be on ANY forum to discuss a product whether its positive or negative.!?!?! There will always be positives and negatives.

kennypowers

Reaction score
I agree with Candyman on this.

Why is it that I can buy a pair of socks on Amazon for $2, and track it through every movement of its delivery to my front door? Meanwhile, I buy a truck that costs the price of a house in some places, and it can get lost? Or the "tracker" is down. Or the "tracker" says that it is awaiting shipment but its actually already at the dealer. Look at DDPT's situation... for a truck to get "lost" for weeks on end and nobody with the company can be of any assistance to him is absolutely UNSAT. Unfortunately, we enable this because we continue to buy them.

Ford invented the assembly line process over a century ago. I would also think that this process would be tighter by now, BUT I look at car salesmanship as a whole, and the whole industry is shady.

KP

Raptor Vet

Reaction score

Maybe If he changed his name to "Candywoman" we could try to "except" him...and he hasn't taken delivery yet...there is still hope

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Why is it that I can buy a pair of socks on Amazon for $2, and track it through every movement of its delivery to my front door? Meanwhile, I buy a truck that costs the price of a house in some places, and it can get lost? Or the "tracker" is down. Or the "tracker" says that it is awaiting shipment but its actually already at the dealer. Look at DDPT's situation... for a truck to get "lost" for weeks on end and nobody with the company can be of any assistance to him is absolutely UNSAT. Unfortunately, we enable this because we continue to buy them.

Ford invented the assembly line process over a century ago. I would also think that this process would be tighter by now, BUT I look at car salesmanship as a whole, and the whole industry is shady.

KP
There is room for improvement and part of the reason behind the spreadsheet is to shed some light on this in hopes FORD takes notice and works on improving their specialty vehicle ordering experience (not holding my breath).

I am sure FORD knows where the opportunities for improvement exist and it's just a matter of economics. Kick the can down the road vs spend the time, effort and resources (=$) to improve now. There is always opportunities for improvement no matter the OEM.

Truck was just north of Barstow on Friday so it should have arrived at the railroad offload spot awaiting truck transport to the dealer. Let's see what happens this week.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Candyman

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score

KP

Amen!