2019 Raptor Intel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a rail tracker?

If so please share. I call Ford Chat and this is what they tell me

I know others have been able to track the rail cars their truck was on. Though I'm personally unsure of how to do this -- My truck came via convoy.

I'm pretty sure there's information somewhere in this thread if you dig a little.

David Hardy

Reaction score
Is there a rail tracker?

If so please share. I call Ford Chat and this is what they tell me

That’s all I ever did. Some folks say you can get the rail car info from dealer on the updated DORA. Then call the rail company...

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer said Ford changed their system and this info is no longer made available to them by Ford

Reaction score
Nice that it worked out. I may just keep following your lead as I really want a retractable cover this time around. I’m not sure how well they are with snow and ice. That’s like 8 months a year here in upstate NY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apparently the Pace Edwards does well in the ice...

cookiehumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is starting to appear as I actually purchased the truck. Just received this in the mail. I prefer the truck but must continue to wait.c93d7aba2111b136e17cdf4850eafe23.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
I got that six weeks after my delivery

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently the Pace Edwards does well in the ice...

That is similar to a RetraxPro that I had on my 2014 Tundra. I won't buy it again because that barrel at the front of the bed takes up too much bed space for my needs.

cookiehumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted to share my Ford Raptor experience...I ordered my Raptor March 2018 with a $3000 deposit @ MSRP knowing it would probably be expected in November. I was first at my dealer here in CT. Order was entered into Ford system when the banks opened in August. Once November rolled around no truck, no build date, no nothing. After annoying my dealer for weeks their only response was that the regional rep said it wouldn't arrive till March?!?!?! Now, I know they bumped my order so they could profit from the markups on the first round of trucks. So they refunded my deposit. I placed an order on November 27 for another truck from a huge dealer in Kentucky. They assured me the truck would take 8-10 weeks to arrive. After 13 weeks of checking the status and contacting Ford performance relentlessly, my truck was assigned a build date and was awaiting shipping with an expected delivery date of 3/03. Bought tickets for 3/08 to fly out and pick up my truck. Of course the truck was delayed again with an expected delivery of 3/16. What a ******* disaster!!! I cancelled my order and found out that unless I had a medical emergency or death in the family my tickets could not be refunded. So i lost $400!! Crazy!! This was the first American car I have ever tried to purchase. I have owned over 40 cars in my lifetime (ex. 911gt3, 911 turbo, macan turbo, nissan gtr, 10 amg's etc etc etc.) I have never experienced anything like this. What a ****** experience!! I tried and realized that I will never even attempt to buy an American car ever again!!! I'm a patriot and really wanted to start supporting cars made in our country but to be honest this experience was the worst ever for me in regards to a car purchase. ****** service, ****** ordering system, ****** assembly planning, ****** everything. So long Ford Raptor forum members...its been real.
Sounds like you made a few mistakes. The first dealership you dealt with obviously screwed you over and order dealer stock in front of your order. The red flag with them should have been the $3000 deposit in March. My dealer only needed $1000 down. So that’s all on them not Ford. My dealership said 8 to 10 weeks but that’s not a guarantee. The next mistake you made was buying nonrefundable plane tickets. I don’t know what to say but maybe you should have just found a 2018 or a 2019 on a lot. There are plenty out there

cookiehumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the rate this is going, I should probably send you mine.

Around 1 pm PST railcar was at Milford, UT
Fingers crossed for you! I did pretty well, order the day 2019 showed up on the Ford website and got it 12 weeks. It’s worth the wait trust me

cookiehumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only reason I gave a deposit was because they agreed @ MSRP which is a huge deal in the Northeast. Most dealers are charging $3000-$10,000 over MSRP. I knew the banks wouldn't open till August/Sept.
MSRP in Kingston NY 10-16-19 the day the Ford website went live for the 2019 models