2019 Raptor Intel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Remix5x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder if these Recaro seats are like the Mustang. $1600 up-charge and you lose heating, cooling, and power adjustments. So not only are they expensive, ugly, and uncomfortable, they also don't include any modern conveniences. Where do I signup?

https://youtu.be/l5zT005oGbA?t=8m35s

I was thinking the same thing. If you’re going with 802 won’t these new seats be pointless?!

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2017 and 2018, old and busted.

2019 is the new hotness. ******* orange shocks *******.

Rot in hell EricM! If its not feasible to retrofit the terrain mode electronic shocks, I am painting my shocks orange!
What's that saying about you can fool some of the people all of the time..:crazy:

DEGBTI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HAHA, the electronic shocks are such a gimmick. Adjusting when the truck gets air? haha. Its called valving. A correct set up off road shock already does this. Been around real race trucks my whole life and nobody, nobody uses electric shocks! They use properly set up socks that already do everything this new shock does. What is the advantage other than a sales gimmick to those who are not savvy enough to know the difference. My Fox, non electric shocks currently are soft and supple on the road, soak up whoops easy and also hold the truck up perfect when landing. Every trophy truck that leaves the start line in the Baja 500 next week will do so with non-electric shocks and will do the job just fine. As well as every factory pro motocross bike on the start line at Glenn Helen this weekend for the National. It sounds cool to those who dont know better, I get it. But in the real world its just a selling point to the guys who put 20" wheels on their Raptors

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
HAHA, the electronic shocks are such a gimmick. Adjusting when the truck gets air? haha. Its called valving. A correct set up off road shock already does this. Been around real race trucks my whole life and nobody, nobody uses electric shocks! They use properly set up socks that already do everything this new shock does. What is the advantage other than a sales gimmick to those who are not savvy enough to know the difference. My Fox, non electric shocks currently are soft and supple on the road, soak up whoops easy and also hold the truck up perfect when landing. Every trophy truck that leaves the start line in the Baja 500 next week will do so with non-electric shocks and will do the job just fine. As well as every factory pro motocross bike on the start line at Glenn Helen this weekend for the National. It sounds cool to those who dont know better, I get it. But in the real world its just a selling point to the guys who put 20" wheels on their Raptors

This is pretty much it, nail meet head.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score

How many of those trucks and bikes you are referring to spend 90% of their lives daily driving. Raptor's suspension is compromised on the street and these smart shocks eliminate that compromise. Win-win in my book, especially if they are included in the base price.

DEGBTI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many of those trucks and bikes you are referring to spend 90% of their lives daily driving. Raptor's suspension is compromised on the street and these smart shocks eliminate that compromise. Win-win in my book, especially if they are included in the base price.

cause it is an off road truck, not a street truck. Do a search on you tube about how the Raptor was created, not for the street. If you want a street truck, buy a street truck, no problem. But the Raptor is an Off Road truck you can drive on the street, not the other way around. Thus no need for gimmick shit.

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cause it is an off road truck, not a street truck. Do a search on you tube about how the Raptor was created, not for the street. If you want a street truck, buy a street truck, no problem. But the Raptor is an Off Road truck you can drive on the street, not the other way around. Thus no need for gimmick shit.

Not too sure about this logic. No matter what it was created for, people still use it on the street. Are you advocating they buy two trucks for different uses? The Raptor can still tow and haul, so if normal mode electronics stiffens up the shock to allow more payload, isnt that a win? Not to mention the albiet small extra bottom out control in off road mode with these new shocks?

Ok, so confirmed no V8 or is that rumor still clinging to life
People who share your speculation or expectation can be found here.. http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/7-0-v8-yes-again-61732/

Last edited:

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score

These shocks don’t hurt it’s off road performance and will undoubtedly help on the street where it’s driven the vast majority of the time. I think it’s you that should do some research on where Raptors spend most of there time.