2019 Raptor Intel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cookiehumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer told me that all Raptors come with the plate frame, and it is up to the dealer to install it, Mine came with one, but I told the dealer not to install it, and they didn't.
Ah ok I told my dealer the same thing but it showed up on my window sticker and it scared me. Thanks!

cookiehumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I told the salesmen don’t think about putting it on. I think they rivet it to the bumper during prep. The holes are there from the factory. The dealer just rivets it on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah ok, I was worried it would be put on. I am in NY we are “supposed” to have one on the front. My 2013 Jeep has never had one and it’s never been an issue

Raptor Tony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey @Raptor Tony I don't see any bumper holes here, so hopefully there won't be any
They’ll be there. I’m in New York as well. Our family doesn’t run fronts on all our vehicles 6 vehicles Nassau county.
c759973fe200ee6aad5d86aab0599b63.jpg

You can see the holes if you zoom

cookiehumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They’ll be there. I’m in New York as well. Our family doesn’t run fronts on all our vehicles 6 vehicles Nassau county.
c759973fe200ee6aad5d86aab0599b63.jpg

You can see the holes if you zoom

Oh well still better than a plate. I grew up in Oakdale. Nice truck I think we ordered the same truck. Magnetic beadlocks no stickers. I’ve been thinking about color matching the skid plate either to the bumper color or the body color. Any thoughts?

Raptor Tony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh well still better than a plate. I grew up in Oakdale. Nice truck I think we ordered the same truck. Magnetic beadlocks no stickers. I’ve been thinking about color matching the skid plate either to the bumper color or the body color. Any thoughts?
I rather not. Sometimes paint won’t match, not as hard as oem paint and will chip easily.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The dealer told me that all Raptors come with the plate frame, and it is up to the dealer to install it, Mine came with one, but I told the dealer not to install it, and they didn't.

Same here. Went a year before I got a warning. Ran for a few months, then left it off since July

I rather not. Sometimes paint won’t match, not as hard as oem paint and will chip easily.

I plastidipped mine, very pleased with how it looks and how well it is holding up.

You can order color matched paint from automotive touch-up and it will match better than most paint shops will manage. Proper prep with a 2k clear will hold up as good as the OEM paint, at least excluding the much higher wear and tear

Last edited:

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't care for the silver skid plate so I matched mine to the bumper.

SAM_0684.JPG

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice. You got a better shot showing the skid plate?

And how did you mount the front plate? Looks nice there.
I'll try to get one later.
I just drilled a couple holes in the bumper pad and screwed the plate to it. I don't have adaptive cruise so I didn't have to worry about any sensors back there. I also bought a new lower grill/bumper pad assembly incase I ever need a mint one without holes drilled in it.