2019 Raptor Intel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EMPAC623

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So yesterday I told my dealer that I've had enough waiting and I was planning to cancel my order today. Had my order In since August and said its ridiculous that it hasn't been pulled yet. Sure enough, she claims ill have a VIN by next Thursday but it sounds like convenient horse shit. Anyone have an idea when Fords vacation schedule starts?
This next week should be last before holiday break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So yesterday I told my dealer that I've had enough waiting and I was planning to cancel my order today. Had my order In since August and said its ridiculous that it hasn't been pulled yet. Sure enough, she claims ill have a VIN by next Thursday but it sounds like convenient horse shit. Anyone have an idea when Fords vacation schedule starts?
I’m in the same boat. Ordered a truck 9/8 had ETA to dealer on 11/26...then 12/6, 12/16, 12/20, 1/6 now 1/8. I traded my 17 Raptor into the dealer because he had someone who wanted it. NOW they tell me I need my new truck by 12/29 OR I lose my $4100 tax credit!!! So they found one similar that was coming in for another dealer. They got it and that was to have a ETA to dealer on 12/15...IT’S STILL SITTING UP AT THE FREAKING PLANT!!! I give up... FORD SUCKS!!! This same thing happened to my 17...it was due in 11/29/16...I didn’t get it until 1/27/17.

cookiehumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat. Ordered a truck 9/8 had ETA to dealer on 11/26...then 12/6, 12/16, 12/20, 1/6 now 1/8. I traded my 17 Raptor into the dealer because he had someone who wanted it. NOW they tell me I need my new truck by 12/29 OR I lose my $4100 tax credit!!! So they found one similar that was coming in for another dealer. They got it and that was to have a ETA to dealer on 12/15...IT’S STILL SITTING UP AT THE FREAKING PLANT!!! I give up... FORD SUCKS!!! This same thing happened to my 17...it was due in 11/29/16...I didn’t get it until 1/27/17.

Total BS if you paid MSRP they have 5k to work with you on the tax credit. I’d be pissed

FORDnVWPro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone just relax. Good things take time.....6 months is reasonable, considering the circumstances.

FORDnVWPro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And, "you can't lose something you never had" < my mentor told me that when i was a young lawyer. Life is less stressful if you remember that.

Relax everyone. There really is no alternative to el Raptor. worth the wait! (anything over 8 months, yea f that) lol

Tyler_GTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation: I let my dealer have my old (2017) Raptor when we made a deal on the new one. At the time, the new one was expected to arrive 11/18, so me not having a truck was going to be short lived. Well, here we are a month later and it still hasn't shipped and they have already sold my old Raptor. Luckily, I've got a backup car, but it ain't a Raptor.

First world problems, haha.

cookiehumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s it I had ordered the truck in September at invoice. Dealer said they don’t know what to do....

Tell them I have no problem waiting you either back date the bill or credit me the $4100. They make 5k on a trucks at MSRP

FORDnVWPro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell them I have no problem waiting you either back date the bill or credit me the $4100. They make 5k on a trucks at MSRP

Backdating is likely criminal, and may have tax fraud liabilities.

He voluntarily gave up possession of his truck in a negotiated transaction. Unless he had outlined gurantees in their bargain(such as a performance date with daily penalties) i dont think he gets to demand to have them "credit" the speculative (despite its certainty) tax credit.

I think he should have waited unti his truck got here. And the dealer was idiotic to even offer this arrangement(even though i know this happens alot)