2019 Raptor Exhaust and Forscan Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I’m pretty sure I’m going to go with the 2FG also, seems like a lot of reviews I googled, owners are saying that is the best option without being annoying loud. I appreciate the link for the Forscan info! Also, is using Forscan complicated? I’m not the best when it comes to learning new stuff on a computer. I had to add a picture only because the provisional pic you used hurt my feelings pretty deeply!
I'm decent on computers, but pretty weak on new things on the computer. I did the Forscan without too much trouble. This is the most reliable, simplest adapter. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081VQVD3F/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

FORSCAN giant thread here: Forscan changes - tweak your truck

windows computer + one of the recommended adapters. I got a bluetooth one.
Lots of common updates, Lincoln fold mirrors, display gauge values on dash, heated wheel, seat and seat coolers on sync main screen, are common mods, plus you can pull and reset diagnostic trouble codes (DTC).

It’s a great tool.
I never did the gauge values on dash, or the wheel and seat coolers. If you switch the coolers and the wheel to the screen, do the original buttons still work?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I never did the gauge values on dash, or the wheel and seat coolers. If you switch the coolers and the wheel to the screen, do the original buttons still work?
Yes, it just adds another way to launch those functions.

I turned off the chimes, etc. as well. One thing has recently popped up that intrigued me lately.

On my Lincoln, when I start the car, bun chillers are on, and stay on. turn off / repeat, setting is remembered. Raptor won’t do this, and you need to manually activate bun chillers, seemingly regardless of the climate settings.

maybe someone’s addressed this already.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score

I turned off the chimes, etc. as well. One thing has recently popped up that intrigued me lately.

On my Lincoln, when I start the car, bun chillers are on, and stay on. turn off / repeat, setting is remembered. Raptor won’t do this, and you need to manually activate bun chillers, seemingly regardless of the climate settings.

My seat coolers stay on every time I start the truck. Not sure why yours don’t.

OP
OP
R

Ragingred

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback guys! It’s much appreciated. One last questions I swear… if I get the 2FG from AWE and the Cobb intake will a tuner be required? It’s on the list of goodies I want but I’m also doing some home renovations so I have to be picky how much I spend as of now. Thanks again

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Thanks, I'll have to do that. Somethings wrong with your seat coolers, my seats come back at previously set cooler setting. I have done the auto-fold mirrors, got rid of the stupid double honk if you get out of the car with it running, and I turned off all the interior chimes and bells. It's so nice to have it be quiet.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback guys! It’s much appreciated. One last questions I swear… if I get the 2FG from AWE and the Cobb intake will a tuner be required? It’s on the list of goodies I want but I’m also doing some home renovations so I have to be picky how much I spend as of now. Thanks again
You won’t get any power with those mods, only sound, but they are safe to run without a tune. The tune will give the power bump.

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a lightly used 2019 Raptor fully loaded and have a few questions. I tried to search these questions but it seems a lot of the threads start to wonder off or I can’t find what I’m looking for so forgive me. Question 1. I have been looking into exhaust systems and I’m wondering if anyone likes the AWE catback system? I have watched several videos online but we all know that videos don’t do a good job of sound.
Question 2. What is everyone using for Forscan and how does it work exactly? There are several changes I would like to make but I have only recently heard of it so it’s a new animal for me. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Feels good to be a part of the Raptor community again.
I have a 2020 SCAB and just added a AWE 2-Fg and a Injen CAI and love the new sound. Not annoyingly loud at all, and when you get on it the truck actually feels like its a bit more powerful IMO. Definitely the cheapest rout for a noticeably better sound and a little power boost from the 6 banger!!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’ll be checking my menu settings then, I was for sure I had it set to preserve my preferences. Aaaaaaaand now that I think about it more, I also did recent forscan mods to get rid of chimes, seat belt minders, etc. I wonder if I defaulted some settings? I do remember my gauges reset to default; trans temp displayed instead of boost.

@dixonk is right about the mods; although, you will gain some small measure of performance by losing the muffler because it’s huge and heavy, but otherwise, I don’t think anyone has posted dyno proof of a cold air kit or exhaust improving power on the 3.5TT Rap.
Maybe after a tune, but even then, I strongly suspect the intake and exhaust are not the choke points.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s a v6, kudos on wanting a louder fart noise…sorry not sorry. Dumbest mod there is to do on gen2
Not helpful at all. There are plenty of V6 engines that sound good. The equal length exhaust makes all the difference, which is why Gen 3 comes with that from the factory.