2019 Raptor Exhaust and Forscan Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ragingred

Reaction score
I recently purchased a lightly used 2019 Raptor fully loaded and have a few questions. I tried to search these questions but it seems a lot of the threads start to wonder off or I can’t find what I’m looking for so forgive me. Question 1. I have been looking into exhaust systems and I’m wondering if anyone likes the AWE catback system? I have watched several videos online but we all know that videos don’t do a good job of sound.
Question 2. What is everyone using for Forscan and how does it work exactly? There are several changes I would like to make but I have only recently heard of it so it’s a new animal for me. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Feels good to be a part of the Raptor community again.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I have the AWE 2FG. It’s pretty noticeably louder in cabin. Not intolerably so, but you’ll need another 2-4 on the radio volume to compensate. You won’t be stealthily sneaking up on anyone either. I took in cabin db readings, 60mph is not that bad, but, it gets louder if you get on it; go figure. 2FG removes the muffler, leaving only the factory resonator, so you do drop quite a bit of weight.

FORSCAN giant thread here: Forscan changes - tweak your truck

windows computer + one of the recommended adapters. I got a bluetooth one.
Lots of common updates, Lincoln fold mirrors, display gauge values on dash, heated wheel, seat and seat coolers on sync main screen, are common mods, plus you can pull and reset diagnostic trouble codes (DTC).

It’s a great tool.

Oh, and since no Raptor picture, we have to assign you a provisional pic. Sadly, we must assume the worst.

d15d8e0763b9b72193fbd384298bc5e0.jpg

OP
OP
R

Ragingred

Reaction score
I have the AWE 2FG. It’s pretty noticeably louder in cabin. Not intolerably so, but you’ll need another 2-4 on the radio volume to compensate. You won’t be stealthily sneaking up on anyone either. I took in cabin db readings, 60mph is not that bad, but, it gets louder if you get on it; go figure. 2FG removes the muffler, leaving only the factory resonator, so you do drop quite a bit of weight.

FORSCAN giant thread here: Forscan changes - tweak your truck

windows computer + one of the recommended adapters. I got a bluetooth one.
Lots of common updates, Lincoln fold mirrors, display gauge values on dash, heated wheel, seat and seat coolers on sync main screen, are common mods, plus you can pull and reset diagnostic trouble codes (DTC).

It’s a great tool.

Oh, and since no Raptor picture, we have to assign you a provisional pic. Sadly, we must assume the worst.

View attachment 313154

Attachments

• 8235D0CF-BA0B-4794-8F45-7C23FB8B6D9B.jpeg
    8235D0CF-BA0B-4794-8F45-7C23FB8B6D9B.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
R

Ragingred

Reaction score
Yeah I’m pretty sure I’m going to go with the 2FG also, seems like a lot of reviews I googled, owners are saying that is the best option without being annoying loud. I appreciate the link for the Forscan info! Also, is using Forscan complicated? I’m not the best when it comes to learning new stuff on a computer. I had to add a picture only because the provisional pic you used hurt my feelings pretty deeply!

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Many seem to like the Ford Performance made by Borla and the Corsa Extreme as well.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the mkii GT sounds pretty good, so anything is possible. Gen3 also sounds pretty good to my ears.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
I think the mkii GT sounds pretty good, so anything is possible. Gen3 also sounds pretty good to my ears.
That is true. Wonder how much those mufflers cost and what other mods are needed to achieve that sound.

Last edited:

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The mkii is a racecar, basically uses a similar exhaust to the street GT but with an X pipe in place of the muffler.
The main similarities between that and the gen3 are equal length exhausts followed by an X pipe. I think combining those two would get you pretty close.