GEN 2 2019 Rapter Advice ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

two24studios

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a blue Raptor on the dealership floor that had the fender flares, front/rear bumper, and the 'Ford' part of the front grill paint matched to the truck. It looked freaking amazing. Considering doing the bumpers and flares on my white 19. You can probably find pictures of Raptors online that have done it for reference.

I'm also disappointed with the factory stereo. Unfortunately, in order to notice a big difference, you'll likely need to replace everything. If you plan on keeping the truck for a while, and driving it a lot... I'd argue the investment is worth it. You could try the Forscan technique others have mentioned, but if you truly want it to sound great, replacing all the speakers and factory amp is probably necessary. If you're capable of doing the work, you'll save quite a bit. I know the install labor for the stereo I'm looking to do is about half of the total cost.

OP
OP
Kraftei

Kraftei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
900 HP at the crank? Unless you are running slicks, was any of that power usable?

Yes, I am running Nitto street drag radials. That combined with the launch control (designed to limit slippage, less power but better launch) it is phenomenal, I drop the tire pressure down to 20 psi and I run 11.3 on the street. I have not been on a track but I suspect I would be in the 9's utilizing real slicks and no computer control. The automatic Hellcats stock are almost untouchable, the issue is the stick, they are slow. I raced a 2014 Shelby 500 when I was stock and he was beating the stick HC's by 3.5 car lengths, I beat him by 1.5 car lengths.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kraftei

Kraftei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Addictive Desert Designs front and rear bumper with a Warn winch and 37’s makes it look good.

The 2.5” Ready Lift kits makes it ride absolutely horrid, but it looks better with the 37’s.

View attachment 130806

View attachment 130807

Agreed, I am going to leave the stock suspension alone. I still want to drive through the touch less car wash. I just fit now.

OP
OP
Kraftei

Kraftei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a blue Raptor on the dealership floor that had the fender flares, front/rear bumper, and the 'Ford' part of the front grill paint matched to the truck. It looked freaking amazing. Considering doing the bumpers and flares on my white 19. You can probably find pictures of Raptors online that have done it for reference.

I'm also disappointed with the factory stereo. Unfortunately, in order to notice a big difference, you'll likely need to replace everything. If you plan on keeping the truck for a while, and driving it a lot... I'd argue the investment is worth it. You could try the Forscan technique others have mentioned, but if you truly want it to sound great, replacing all the speakers and factory amp is probably necessary. If you're capable of doing the work, you'll save quite a bit. I know the install labor for the stereo I'm looking to do is about half of the total cost.

Do you have a picture of said truck? Thanks !

two24studios

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a picture of said truck? Thanks !

This isn't the performance blue I saw at the dealer (didn't take a photo), but this is pretty much what I was talking about in a different color. The one at the dealer had the 'Ford' part of the grill painted too.

b7c62080e3_1024.jpg

OP
OP
Kraftei

Kraftei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This isn't the performance blue I saw at the dealer (didn't take a photo), but this is pretty much what I was talking about in a different color. The one at the dealer had the 'Ford' part of the grill painted too.

View attachment 130814

Agreed the painted fender flares make a huge difference. I really like the look of the box fender flares but on the front it looks wonky. Painting the flares balances it right out !!

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as exhaust goes I don't think you'll ever be happy with it. If I were you I wouldn't put anything aftermarket on it and just turn the simulated cabin noise off. It seems like you had to settle on keeping it so im going to guess you'll never really be happy with it. I hope you end up liking it though. As others have said if you go out and actually use it you very quickly get over the very minor downsides like the exhaust.

OP
OP
Kraftei

Kraftei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as exhaust goes I don't think you'll ever be happy with it. If I were you I wouldn't put anything aftermarket on it and just turn the simulated cabin noise off. It seems like you had to settle on keeping it so im going to guess you'll never really be happy with it. I hope you end up liking it though. As others have said if you go out and actually use it you very quickly get over the very minor downsides like the exhaust.

How do you turn the simulated cabin noise off ?

Blockaderunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm able to pass anything on the road w/o a tune so IDK whats up with yours.

Yes the stereo sounds mediocre at best. I'm not a stereo guy and am not on the road long enough for it to be a bother. When I play "Cowboy" by Kidd Rock it puts out enough for me.

Sorry you're in a recession there, maybe you might want to consider moving to the US especially while Trump is Pres. The economy is great here. Maybe thats the issue with your resale woes IDK.

Some of the vids I looked at on U-Tube go with the more popular name brand exhaust but one Raptor owner sent it back after 2 weeks so research carefully cause you won't get V8 sound out of this machine; Ain't happenin

If you can't attend the Raptor Assault the owner I mentioned about the exhaust video taped his session and watching it will show you the capabilities of the vehicle.

I can't figure on the only one compliment issue except that maybe you're encountering snobs or dweebs. I like the performance blue color. Take it to a graphics shop and let some talented truck lover make it say WOW! You don't have to go full bore but do an accent or two at a time and see how you like it and of course if anyone responds to it.
There is also a certain amount of jealousy out there of folks who can't afford and or don't like the Raptor.