2019 Mustang GT or 2019 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
2019 Mustang GT or 2019 Raptor?

So here's my situation, I currently drive a paid off 2016 Tundra worth around $36k. I've been looking into buying a 2018 + Mustang GT as a toy for the past 2 years but with the car market being crazy I
can't justify spending over $39k on a toy. I have a $30k budget on one but since I can't find any mustangs in that range I was thinking of trading in my truck and just getting a 2018 + Raptor. If I trade in my truck and add my budget put on the mustang I could roughly spend $65k or so on a Raptor. I feel like this will fill the itch of driving something sporty while being as practical as my Tundra. Anyone else that have gone through this or have any advice, suggestions?
A Raptor is much more rare than a Mustang GT. I’ve only had my Raptor for 2 months and I’ve already had random people taking pictures of it in parking lots, rolling down their windows to complement me/the truck at stop lights, and many head-turns. I was on a road trip from Maryland to Maine and back…saw no more than 3-5 Raptors and probably a hundred Mustang GTs.

Dr Racecraft

I’ma need about 3.50
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean the raptor is fun, i would buy a car if that’s what you’ve really wanted for multiple years. Your truck is paid off. The raptor isn’t a sports car, not even close

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mean the raptor is fun, i would buy a car if that’s what you’ve really wanted for multiple years. Your truck is paid off. The raptor isn’t a sports car, not even close
I've been know to wreck a few v6 camaros lol.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Raptor is my choice, but I have a Mustang too (though a little older....). The Raptor will hold more value if that is a concern. You could probably swing a nice gen1 Rappy and the Mustang...

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Totally depends on what you want. I have owned 6 Mustangs and pretty cool ones and then I was done with them. I had one in the garage and never drove it. 2015 with 13k miles mint, loaded, modded and supercharged and hated it. I sold it and traded in my 18 F150 and bought a 2020 Loaded Raptor. Doubt I'll ever have a car again.Dyno.jpgASS.jpg
safe.jpg