2019 Mustang GT or 2019 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
My family will drive trucks or a large SUV as long as I have a say about it. Yes, the mpg is a bit worse but what is all the money in the world if you get taken out by a drunk driver or a soccer mom hydroplaning on bald tires.

I don't even like riding in cars anymore.

Just my $.02.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My family will drive trucks or a large SUV as long as I have a say about it. Yes, the mpg is a bit worse but what is all the money in the world if you get taken out by a drunk driver or a soccer mom hydroplaning on bald tires.

I don't even like riding in cars anymore.

Just my $.02.

FWIW, there are some *very* solid cars, safety wise, that are also a lot of fun to drive. Cadillac sports sedans and the most recent two generations of Camaro come to mind. They do an excellent job of preventing cabin intrusion, are very resistant to rollovers, and do a good job of cushioning passengers from hitting internal hard bits. I wouldn't give up the fun of driving one over concerns for safety given some of the hits I've seen those cars take and people walk away unscathed. Everyone makes their own risk/reward analysis, but I have a ton of fun driving fast cars that handle nicely and if it gets me killed, it gets me killed. I don't intend to live forever anyway and if it gets me killed I died doing what I loved....bitching about a red light that never changes.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
FWIW, there are some *very* solid cars, safety wise, that are also a lot of fun to drive. Cadillac sports sedans and the most recent two generations of Camaro come to mind. They do an excellent job of preventing cabin intrusion, are very resistant to rollovers, and do a good job of cushioning passengers from hitting internal hard bits. I wouldn't give up the fun of driving one over concerns for safety given some of the hits I've seen those cars take and people walk away unscathed. Everyone makes their own risk/reward analysis, but I have a ton of fun driving fast cars that handle nicely and if it gets me killed, it gets me killed. I don't intend to live forever anyway and if it gets me killed I died doing what I loved....bitching about a red light that never changes.
I get it. Though to die doing something you love I'm not sure about. I love watching Russian car wreck videos and drinking cheap vodka for the full effect. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free