2019 - MPT Performance tuning!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing on the ecoboost they don't really know or have a way. Does anyone know if that is true?

They do. The computer logs total number of flashes, mileage since flash, and number of warm-up and drive cycles since flash.

OP
OP
Wizo

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys for the absence - I have 2 kids and my plate is full at times.

So quick update for everyone so they know where I am at with my tune. Mike sent over to me a few other versions to try. I got to say he has it pretty dialed in at this point.

I asked for a touch more throttle response and I wanted the normal mode to feel a touch peppier (sure that is a word) - but he did it, and it feels awesome.’

What I have noticed is that it takes about 3 days for the TCM tune to understand the new parameters and how you drive. Best way to describe it is the TCM has to forget how it operated on the last tune and adapt to the new one all along trying to keep up with how you use it.

For me = I wanted a more aggressive normal mode that basically felt like sport mode but without the harsh shifting. So when I hit the gas in normal mode I have that amazing acceleration but I am not feeling like my wife is going to see a neck doctor afterwards.

In sport mode this thing really is a beast and I have to keep looking at the Speedo as it does not even make sense that all of a sudden I am at the 70+ mph. I mean imagine how you pull out of a right turn and gas it but you kinda know what speed you are going and then going to a feeling that when you look down you are going 30 mph faster....its insane.

I love the upgrade and Mike really took the time to make this perfect. I am not sure on the roll out but he is likely making sure he has a perfect product for the masses.

I will also state that since I have larger wheels and tires I cant even imagine what this thing feels like with stock wheels and the lighter BFG tires. I mean in sport mode you will be lighting up the tires all the time.

Everyone has their favorite and for me MPT was a local and trusted dealer. He went above and beyond to cater to my needs but most importantly he has not rushed anything to make sure his new tune for everyone is great all around and safe.

My opinion - go get your truck tuned! Worth every penny!

OP
OP
Wizo

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike told me he has it to a few other folks (2019’s) and is rolling it out probably this week or next.

The last update I got as mentioned above made a huge difference and I am glad he revised it.

Anarchy99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike told me he has it to a few other folks (2019’s) and is rolling it out probably this week or next.

The last update I got as mentioned above made a huge difference and I am glad he revised it.

Sweet!