2019 - MPT Performance tuning!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Thomas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds great, Thats for the update Wizo. Looking forward to getting mine tuned now.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Wizo, on the transmission tune, my preference would be as stock. Normal mode = easy shifting and skip gears, Sport mode = every gear, increased line pressure (?) and firmer shifts, etc. Thanks again for taking the time to post ....

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah thanks for keeping us posted on the tune. I never messed with tuning my diesel but might have to try it on the Raptor. On diesel Ford had a way of detecting if it had been tuned by regen cycles but I'm guessing on the ecoboost they don't really know or have a way. Does anyone know if that is true?

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah thanks for keeping us posted on the tune. I never messed with tuning my diesel but might have to try it on the Raptor. On diesel Ford had a way of detecting if it had been tuned by regen cycles but I'm guessing on the ecoboost they don't really know or have a way. Does anyone know if that is true?
They can find out if they want to, or have reason to.

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I figured they might be able to. I know on the 6.7L diesel it was done by them checking regen cycles.

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can proudly say that he hit his target of 100Hp increase and 100tq increase and you can really feel the difference. He said there was more and with the right cooling upgrades that would supply better flow of cooled charged air he likely would go up another 20Hp consistenly.

That is interesting - I'm certainly no expert - but the consensus from other discussion threads I've read is cooling upgrades wont add any more h.p. - but they will let the vehicle stay at peak output for a longer period of time.
Either that, or I misunderstood those discussions.

OP
OP
Wizo

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is interesting - I'm certainly no expert - but the consensus from other discussion threads I've read is cooling upgrades wont add any more h.p. - but they will let the vehicle stay at peak output for a longer period of time.
Either that, or I misunderstood those discussions.

That’s because he could go more aggressive and feel more comfortable about it since our vehicles get a lot of heat soak and I live here in FL.

The inter cooler will only help consistency and because of the colder charged air it would help with the above problems.

So to clarify - just by adding the IC it won’t add 20hp but Mike would be able to likely retune it some more to find some extra HP for your specific situation.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am also interested in getting updates. I have a 2019 on the way to replace my 2017 and need my tunes :).