2019+ Fox 3.0 Live Valve Shocks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NEOGARAGE

NEOGARAGE

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The live valves operate within a certain range of valving, you set that range by changing the valving stacks. So you can set up the shocks the way you like and then the potentiometer's (SP) will adjust the shocks within the window of the valve stack you put in there. So you CAN adjust (revalve) the 3.0 live valves to your liking, and work with the computer system to dial it in, imagine it like a target with two circles. The outer circle is your mechanical valving. The smaller inner circle is where the computer will get you. With a traditional shock you do not get the smaller inner circle. You only get the outer circle, you do not get the fine tuning ability the computer gets you...Saying the 3.0 traditional shocks are better because you can revalve them is a hogwash, because you can do the same thing with the live valve.....
Yes, you can rebuild and revalve the internals, but I was talking about tuning on the fly as terrain changes. The computer does all that while the 17-18 have external DSC and bypass tube adjustments.

The live valve gives you no way to change the ride besides the drive modes and the new 3.0 upgrades do offer a small 3 way adjustment knob on the bottom of the shocks but then again, the computer then works within those small changes and parameters.

CR Gittere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can rebuild and revalve the internals, but I was talking about tuning on the fly as terrain changes. The computer does all that while the 17-18 have external DSC and bypass tube adjustments.

The live valve gives you no way to change the ride besides the drive modes and the new 3.0 upgrades do offer a small 3 way adjustment knob on the bottom of the shocks but then again, the computer then works within those small changes and parameters.

OMG that's the point of the live valve...and obviously you did not understand my post....the point of the live valve is so you do not need to get out of the truck and change the clickers if you want to change your ride... BUT you still need to be close on the set up, changing the mode changes the compression on the shocks, in order for the the live valves to operate the way you want you need to valve them in a way you like them for EACH MODE......hence the set up circle analogy. There is NO WAY, you are going to get a manually adjusted shock to perform in the way you can get a shock with a computer to operate, once you understand suspension you will understand that the live valve is muck more adjustable than the analog stuff....you just have to understand what the computer is doing and how to overlay that against your valve stack...

saying the analog shocks are more adjustable than the live valve is as bad as the people on here that say if you want a better ride lower your air pressure.... That's like having sex with your wife using a ********, you are doing it, but you are doing it all wrong...

OP
OP
NEOGARAGE

NEOGARAGE

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
OMG that's the point of the live valve...and obviously you did not understand my post....the point of the live valve is so you do not need to get out of the truck and change the clickers if you want to change your ride... BUT you still need to be close on the set up, changing the mode changes the compression on the shocks, in order for the the live valves to operate the way you want you need to valve them in a way you like them for EACH MODE......hence the set up circle analogy. There is NO WAY, you are going to get a manually adjusted shock to perform in the way you can get a shock with a computer to operate, once you understand suspension you will understand that the live valve is muck more adjustable than the analog stuff....you just have to understand what the computer is doing and how to overlay that against your valve stack...

saying the analog shocks are more adjustable than the live valve is as bad as the people on here that say if you want a better ride lower your air pressure.... That's like having sex with your wife using a ********, you are doing it, but you are doing it all wrong...

Why don't Baja trucks all have that then? It's not possible for them to be valved differently for each different drive mode, and 99% of people won't revalve these, which is exactly why the factory upgrade exists, and if it was so good, why did Fox add a 3 way knob to each shock so you can adjust it more manually still?

TurboTJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don't Baja trucks all have that then? It's not possible for them to be valved differently for each different drive mode, and 99% of people won't revalve these, which is exactly why the factory upgrade exists, and if it was so good, why did Fox add a 3 way knob to each shock so you can adjust it more manually still?

I’m by no means an expert in suspension but I would guess that Baja trucks don’t currently use them because they are expensive to develop (apparently it took Ford/Fox 2+ years to develop) and because all they do is Baja. Raptors on the other hand have to be safe on the freeway and handle well in anything from snow to towing to off-road. I don’t think you would want to daily drive a suspension 100% optimized for off-road on a daily basis.

I personally love the Live valve shock. I tried to drive my truck down a rough road in “normal” mode and discovered how drastic the live valve changes are.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think Ford went to an electronic shock? Do you think it was a bad idea? Do you think it’s a bad idea that they are now included on some Razors?

Just found this. Great article and video for those of us who aren’t experts.
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/fox-sh...roading-but-what-about-fox-electronic-shocks/

Cornwallis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took @NEOGARAGE comment to mean that with Live Valve even if you set up the shocks to your liking with revalving, the computer is going to continually adjust them within its own parameters. The computer could potentially adjust them out of your personal preference range. Meaning the older version is static and will not change once preference is set with valving, whereas Live Valves will constantly adjust based on mode, terrain, etc. unless bypassed electronically.

CR Gittere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The computer will do the same thing over the same terrain every time, it's a computer program, it takes input and gives you a result...Having the computer control the suspension, is just another variable in valving the shocks, nothing more.Once you know what the computer does you just valve it for the specific result you want....Like a tried to explain before the computer does not make HUGE (in my trumpy voice LOL) changes they are suttle...

Raptized19

Reaction score
So, if I may chime in here. I have a 19 with the live valve shocks. Love them! But yes being the tuner that is me, I am looking for someone who is interested in valving my Live Valves to my liking, while keeping the computer programming in mind.
Here is an example of my point. In baja mode, the computer does its thing and for a run of the mill off the shelf performance off road truck and shock, it does pretty well. Yet, there is better high speed handling to be had in these shocks. With all the decades of fast and slow desert running ive done, I know what Im looking for., and these live valve shocks can fill the bill quite nicely. For my liking, I would like to add a little more compression to the fronts and just a tick less rebound,(slow them down) in the front. And in the rear, I want a tiny more compression. This change is done to compliment the computer and work better for my needs.
In normal mode with my adjustments, I know it will firm up the truck just a tick, but im not bothered by this. In sport mode, my shock changes will make it handle better as well. I will however lose some of the ride quality in the Rock Crawl mode, which is one of the softest settings, but I can deal with that. My thing is tuning my truck to my liking and allowing the Live Valve system to compliment my changes. Does this help anyone out there. And all the while, keeping the factory spring rates in the front for now.

CR Gittere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, if I may chime in here. I have a 19 with the live valve shocks. Love them! But yes being the tuner that is me, I am looking for someone who is interested in valving my Live Valves to my liking, while keeping the computer programming in mind.
Here is an example of my point. In baja mode, the computer does its thing and for a run of the mill off the shelf performance off road truck and shock, it does pretty well. Yet, there is better high speed handling to be had in these shocks. With all the decades of fast and slow desert running ive done, I know what Im looking for., and these live valve shocks can fill the bill quite nicely. For my liking, I would like to add a little more compression to the fronts and just a tick less rebound,(slow them down) in the front. And in the rear, I want a tiny more compression. This change is done to compliment the computer and work better for my needs.
In normal mode with my adjustments, I know it will firm up the truck just a tick, but im not bothered by this. In sport mode, my shock changes will make it handle better as well. I will however lose some of the ride quality in the Rock Crawl mode, which is one of the softest settings, but I can deal with that. My thing is tuning my truck to my liking and allowing the Live Valve system to compliment my changes. Does this help anyone out there. And all the while, keeping the factory spring rates in the front for now.

I have the 3.0 live valves and in my opinion if you are going to mess with the valving buy those and then tune them.... Just my 2 cents, because I bought them from a guy on here selling them at 1/2 price

Dadlife

Reaction score
For anyone asking if these fit on 17-18’s or gen 1’s 1the answer is yes. just put these on my 18 instead of waiting weeks for a rebuild. All you need is to purchase the live valve delete kit.