2019 DEPRECIATION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quikag - That's interesting info. Although based on your numbers, The LX 570 has only depreciated approximately $ 6500.00 to $ 7000.00 per year over 6 years, that is excellent. Your Raptor will not come close to that at this rate, thanks to saturating the market. Another interesting point you mentioned, 6 years later and 90,000 miles on the LX and it still drives like new. Time will tell with the raptor.

are you sure? $70k Raptor after 6 years and 90k miles at $7k/yr depreciation, that would mean the Raptor is only worth $28k? I bet it’ll be worth a bit more than that. There are some beater trucks out there that somehow still bring that kind of money or more.

Anyway, time will tell on reliability and build quality, but I highly doubt the Raptor will be as reliable as a Landcruiser based vehicle long-term. They are just engineered and built to much different standards. That said, I still love my Raptor even though it appears to be consuming oil. Grrr.

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you sure? $70k Raptor after 6 years and 90k miles at $7k/yr depreciation, that would mean the Raptor is only worth $28k? I bet it’ll be worth a bit more than that. There are some beater trucks out there that somehow still bring that kind of money or more.

Anyway, time will tell on reliability and build quality, but I highly doubt the Raptor will be as reliable as a Landcruiser based vehicle long-term. They are just engineered and built to much different standards. That said, I still love my Raptor even though it appears to be consuming oil. Grrr.

Well, considering 2017 raptors are depreciating at a rate of $ 8500.00 to $ 9000.00 per year and 2019 raptors are sucking wind for $ 10,000 to $ 15,000 in year 1 , you tell me. My money is on the LX. And by the way your $ 70,000 raptor is burning oil. How much oil is your 6 year old 90,000 mile LX 570 BURNING ?

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, considering 2017 raptors are depreciating at a rate of $ 8500.00 to $ 9000.00 per year and 2019 raptors are sucking wind for $ 10,000 to $ 15,000 in year 1 , you tell me. My money is on the LX. And by the way your $ 70,000 raptor is burning oil. How much oil is your 6 year old 90,000 mile LX 570 BURNING ?

Zero. ;)

Yeah, I guess time will tell on depreciation curves of the Raptor. Hope it levels somewhat eventually. If not, crap happens.

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zero. ;)

Yeah, I guess time will tell on depreciation curves of the Raptor. Hope it levels somewhat eventually. If not, crap happens.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not a raptor hater. I am on my second raptor. I now own a 2019 raptor and I love the truck. Luckily after 16,000 miles I have had no problems. What I do not like is Ford flooding the market with raptors over greed and being more concerned with volume than quality. The opposite is true with Toyota/Lexus in TAHARA Japan plant where the first priority is building a quality vehicle that can go off road and is built to last 25 years. It gets under my skin when dealers where asking MSRP TO $ 20,000 OVER ( CALIFORNIA) now they are giving them away and the values are tanking because of over production, and the only one who loses is the poor sucker who paid MSRP or more for the truck.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please don't get me wrong, I am not a raptor hater. I am on my second raptor. I now own a 2019 raptor and I love the truck. Luckily after 16,000 miles I have had no problems. What I do not like is Ford flooding the market with raptors over greed and being more concerned with volume than quality. The opposite is true with Toyota/Lexus in TAHARA Japan plant where the first priority is building a quality vehicle that can go off road and is built to last 25 years. It gets under my skin when dealers where asking MSRP TO $ 20,000 OVER ( CALIFORNIA) now they are giving them away and the values are tanking because of over production, and the only one who loses is the poor sucker who paid MSRP or more for the truck.

Ford has always been a volume producer for most of their cars. Toyota is too, for that matter, besides their niche Landcruiser vehicles and other special vehicles like the LFA, etc. Though I do think Toyota would build more Landcruisers if the demand was higher, but it’s a vehicle for people that know what it is. Everyone else just buys Sequoias, 4Runners, and Lexus GX’s or any of the other dozens of car based SUV’s.

Glad your 2019 is solid. Just drive the **** out of it and enjoy it. I bought a 8yr/125k mile warranty from Flood Ford so I’m good to go. ;)

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford has always been a volume producer for most of their cars. Toyota is too, for that matter, besides their niche Landcruiser vehicles and other special vehicles like the LFA, etc. Though I do think Toyota would build more Landcruisers if the demand was higher, but it’s a vehicle for people that know what it is. Everyone else just buys Sequoias, 4Runners, and Lexus GX’s or any of the other dozens of car based SUV’s.

Glad your 2019 is solid. Just drive the **** out of it and enjoy it. I bought a 8yr/125k mile warranty from Flood Ford so I’m good to go. ;)

I know, you are right, but I am not 25 any more, and the older I get the more I appreciate a product that has a high build quality, not just pushed out for numbers. The raptor has excellent performance, but lets be honest the jury is still out on longevity and build quality. If you are going to charge $ 74,000.00 for a high production vehicle it should be built to a very high standard and not just mass produced.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know, you are right, but I am not 25 any more, and the older I get the more I appreciate a product that has a high build quality, not just pushed out for numbers. The raptor has excellent performance, but lets be honest the jury is still out on longevity and build quality. If you are going to charge $ 74,000.00 for a high production vehicle it should be built to a very high standard and not just mass produced.

I don’t disagree, but most manufacturers will put out what they can as cheap as possible and charge as much as possible. Toyota used to be renowned for reliability and build quality but they have also put out some crap the past decade or so. Some of their mainstream cars and trucks weren’t any better reliability wise than other normal manufacturers. Luckily, they’ve kept the torch burning for the Land Cruiser vehicles because of the duty cycle they are subjected to around the world in the harshest environments.

Man, maybe you should try to flip your Raptor and picked up a CPO year or two old low mileage Land Cruiser/LX. You may be much happier if build quality and reliability are at the top of your list. ;)

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t disagree, but most manufacturers will put out what they can as cheap as possible and charge as much as possible. Toyota used to be renowned for reliability and build quality but they have also put out some crap the past decade or so. Some of their mainstream cars and trucks weren’t any better reliability wise than other normal manufacturers. Luckily, they’ve kept the torch burning for the Land Cruiser vehicles because of the duty cycle they are subjected to around the world in the harshest environments.

Man, maybe you should try to flip your Raptor and picked up a CPO year or two old low mileage Land Cruiser/LX. You may be much happier if build quality and reliability are at the top of your list. ;)

Yep. I looked at a 2019 LC with 9050 miles today. It is priced right and in excellent condition. Now I am just deciding between the LX or LC, and if I can give up the performance of the raptor. But if ford is basically going to treat it like a mass produced XLT, to me it really isn't special.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. I looked at a 2019 LC with 9050 miles today. It is priced right and in excellent condition. Now I am just deciding between the LX or LC, and if I can give up the performance of the raptor. But if ford is basically going to treat it like a mass produced XLT, to me it really isn't special.

Yeah the Raptor is faster than the LC/LX and can definitely Baja drive faster. Slower hard core off road/rock climbing, I’d put the LC/LX over the Raptor for sure.

Good luck with your decision and keep us updated!!

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the Raptor is faster than the LC/LX and can definitely Baja drive faster. Slower hard core off road/rock climbing, I’d put the LC/LX over the Raptor for sure.

Good luck with your decision and keep us updated!!

I will. Thank you for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.