2019 DEPRECIATION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has noticed how bad the 2018-2019 ford raptors are depreciating now since ford over produced 2018 and 2019 raptors. For example, a 2019 raptor with 12,000 to 15,000 miles has a Kelly blue book value of $ 59,000.00. This is a truck that had a msrp of $ 74,000.00 12 months ago and was selling anywheres between $ 10,000.00 over and $ 5000.00 under msrp. I can remember in 2016 when the gen. 2 first came out as a 2017 you could not touch one for msrp. and they actually where only depreciating about $ 7000.00 to $ 8000.00 per year until just recently when ford dealers realized they had to much inventory because Ford has flooded the market with raptors. It is really a shame that ford absolutely killed the exclusivity and the market value of the raptor. One of the strong considerations for purchasing the raptor resale value, but unfortunately now a limited, platinum, king ranch, or lariat hold their value just as good as a raptor. Again it's really to bad ford flooded the market with raptors and really damaged the exclusivity and rareness of the ford raptor. It's also funny how 12-24 months ago ford dealers dug their heels in and had to get $ 5000.00 to $ 10,000.00 over MSRP, now they can't give them away. I wonder what the big difference is ? I think this explains why dealers are now selling raptors for $ 5000.00 to $ 10,000.00 under. Remember , the more the vehicle is discounted, the more it depreciates. It's just a shame Ford decided to overproduce a very special truck to where the value is no better than a Ram pickup truck.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
I'd prefer Ford produce the hell out of them. No reason to keep these things in the hands of a select few and make us all get screwed by dealers in the process.

That's still spectacularly low depreciation for a 70k vehicle.

Kashoggio

Lives in a van down by the river.
Reaction score
You think Ford cares about that or they would rather move units? Ford sells news cars they could care less about what your raptor is worth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh boy, here we go......Let's see here am I supposed to say "Hell yes you are right, buy the hell out of that Dodge it's a better "investment""

Or, man I wish they would have stayed with the V*'s, they held their value SO much better!!!

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You think Ford cares about that or they would rather move units? Ford sells news cars they could care less about what your raptor is worth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you. Ford is all about volume and not quality sometimes unfortunately. I guess this is why toyota's hold their value so well and why ford and General Motors have spent time in Japan learning about Toyota's quality control process, it's just to bad they can not replicate it.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with you. Ford is all about volume and not quality sometimes unfortunately. I guess this is why toyota's hold their value so well and why ford and General Motors have spent time in Japan learning about Toyota's quality control process, it's just to bad they can not replicate it.

Good one :D

hj_s14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The moment I chose to buy any Ford, or GM or any American cars, I know the resale value go to the toilets LOL

if you want to keep a good resale value, I guess find those Toyota and Honda? Even Audi, MB, and Porsche etc (those I owned).. resale value sucks... None of my car that I had bought keep a good value for resale.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has noticed how bad the 2018-2019 ford raptors are depreciating now since ford over produced 2018 and 2019 raptors. For example, a 2019 raptor with 12,000 to 15,000 miles has a Kelly blue book value of $ 59,000.00. This is a truck that had a msrp of $ 74,000.00 12 months ago and was selling anywheres between $ 10,000.00 over and $ 5000.00 under msrp. I can remember in 2016 when the gen. 2 first came out as a 2017 you could not touch one for msrp. and they actually where only depreciating about $ 7000.00 to $ 8000.00 per year until just recently when ford dealers realized they had to much inventory because Ford has flooded the market with raptors. It is really a shame that ford absolutely killed the exclusivity and the market value of the raptor. One of the strong considerations for purchasing the raptor resale value, but unfortunately now a limited, platinum, king ranch, or lariat hold their value just as good as a raptor. Again it's really to bad ford flooded the market with raptors and really damaged the exclusivity and rareness of the ford raptor. It's also funny how 12-24 months ago ford dealers dug their heels in and had to get $ 5000.00 to $ 10,000.00 over MSRP, now they can't give them away. I wonder what the big difference is ? I think this explains why dealers are now selling raptors for $ 5000.00 to $ 10,000.00 under. Remember , the more the vehicle is discounted, the more it depreciates. It's just a shame Ford decided to overproduce a very special truck to where the value is no better than a Ram pickup truck.

Did someone depreciate the "enter" button right out of your keyboard? :^)

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The moment I chose to buy any Ford, or GM or any American cars, I know the resale value go to the toilets LOL

if you want to keep a good resale value, I guess find those Toyota and Honda? Even Audi, MB, and Porsche etc (those I owned).. resale value sucks... None of my car that I had bought keep a good value for resale.

I agree, German vehicles are TERRIBLE.

greenraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Should Ford build the Raptor (or the F150 in general) on the 2008 F-150 platform from two generations back? It’s what Toyota is doing right now with their Tundra. You should go buy that TRD Pro model. No depreciation to worry about and reliable as ****.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.