2018 stock seats vs Recaros

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone gone from 2018 802A leather seats
to Recaro seats in the 2019. Are they equally comfortable or more so? I’m considering the trade. The stock seats in my 2018 are very comfortable

Thanks for any insight

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was going to go this route with mine but after seeing and sitting in the Recaros I decided to stay with my 2018 seats. About to have them recovered though.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The prevailing opinion from those who have posted comparisons is that the Recaros offer extra bolster over the stock seats.

I don't have the direct evidence you're looking for. But I do have the Recaros, and they're very comfortable. Like any new seat, they're a little stiff at first, but after 1,500 miles, they've broken in nicely. I had a 2016 XLT F150 prior to my Raptor, and the difference between those is quite notable.

Plus, the Recaros look badass.

sdelson

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what a white 2017
802A with spray liner and borla exhaust and bak flip tonneau with 38,000 is worth ?
It’s perfect in every way never been off road.
[email protected]
I’m a member but have issues signing on.
Truck is in Ohio

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I sat in a friends Recaros - about as comfy, but they were wider, so the side bolsters didn't hold me in like my 2017 seats. The recaro is more grippy tho, so I think while it feels like it won't hold you in as well (if you are a smaller guy like me), it is slightly better at keeping you planted.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Rs are only a week old and i find them a bit too firm , the will loosen up i imagine. There isnt a dramatic difference as the stk seats are great.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess it depends on the person. For me the Recaro's were uncomfortable for my daily driver. I do like the alcantara seat bottom and back, which is what I will be recovering mine with. The side bolsters on the Recaro were my main issue. For me they kind of felt odd on my shoulders, I do have a wider frame so some of the race style seats don't fit me. I don't mind it being tight when I am racing but not for a daily driver. I like my truck to be more for comfort since I spend about 4 hrs in it a day.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Recaros... I would say that they are stiffer than I prefer. From the 18s I test drove, I think there is a big difference in “plushness”.

I would venture a guess that those over 40 may not enjoy a long road trip in the Recaros.

fordnewbie

Reaction score
Went from an ‘18 802A to a ‘19 with Recaros. I am 49 years old, 6’2” - 220 lbs and I love the Recaros. They are more snug than the 18’s, but not nearly as snug as the Recaros in my GT350. Took a 600 mile trip with the Raptor last weekend and was very comfortable (so much for the “those over 40 long road trip theory above). While there is slightly less padding than the standard 892A’s, it’s hardly noticeable after a few weeks...