2018 stock seats vs Recaros

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbland1979

Reaction score
Does anyone know the best place to look for Recaros to place into a 2018 802A and what the cost would be? I sat in the demo Recaro seats at the Raptor Assault and really liked them. Wouldn't mind swapping my seats if they can be obtained easily for a good price.

Xtend1

Reaction score
I have the Recaro seats. Both my brothers have 19's w/o the Recaros. If you are short and/or you have short legs you will dislike the recaros. They have a longer bottom seat pad, thus they hit the back of your legs. Also, if your a bulky guy the seats feel like they are pushing on your lats.

I prefer the regular seats. My favorite seats though were the Superduty Platinum seats with the massagers.

Louie

Reaction score
Has anyone driven a 17/18 for a long time and then went and got the 19 with recaros? I have had mine for a year and debating if the new interior is worth the trade up. Also have to trade for the different suspension. But thats another topic.

Offsetz33

Reaction score
I’ve got an 18 and drove a 19 all day at the raptor assault with the recaros. They are nice and look great but to be honest they aren’t a significant upgrade in my eyes. The bolstering is minimally different when it comes to seat feel. I’m about 155lbs however so maybe some of the larger gents would feel more of a difference. I do believe the bottom seat pad does extend a small bit more forward too as mentioned before. The color is also dark enough that it looks good but not really eye popping. At a glance in certain lighting they almost look black. In bright light the blue does pop a bit more. I’d say the biggest difference is the material itself is far grippier and you don’t slide around in them as much. But for the cost I’m not totally sure I’d option my truck with them and that’s coming from a Recaro fanboy myself. I was really hoping for something more aggressive, but if the cost isn’t a big factor I’d say go ahead and opt for them.

Louie

Reaction score
I’ve got an 18 and drove a 19 all day at the raptor assault with the recaros. They are nice and look great but to be honest they aren’t a significant upgrade in my eyes. The bolstering is minimally different when it comes to seat feel. I’m about 155lbs however so maybe some of the larger gents would feel more of a difference. I do believe the bottom seat pad does extend a small bit more forward too as mentioned before. The color is also dark enough that it looks good but not really eye popping. At a glance in certain lighting they almost look black. In bright light the blue does pop a bit more. I’d say the biggest difference is the material itself is far grippier and you don’t slide around in them as much. But for the cost I’m not totally sure I’d option my truck with them and that’s coming from a Recaro fanboy myself. I was really hoping for something more aggressive, but if the cost isn’t a big factor I’d say go ahead and opt for them.

The dark color is actually a plus for me. Maybe I should take advantage of my Raptor Assault I havent gone to yet. Did they all have the Recaros. I do wish it was more of an obvious option. My local dealers don't have them on their inventory cars.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm only 5'11" tall with a 33" inseam in pants. I found the seat cushion too short on my '17 Raptor. It was my least favorite thing about the truck.

When the '19 was offered with Recaros, I measured the difference. The seat cushion is indeed 3/4" longer which to me made a big difference and I found it much more comfortable.

I will say I'm very spoiled in that my last 6 cars all had extendable thigh supports in the seat cushion.

As for the bolsters being confining, sit in an 18 way seat in a Porsche and then tell me these are confining.

I went from a very comfortable 14 way seat to an 18 way seat in a Porsche Macan and really disliked the tight bolsters in the 18 way. Always felt like my lats were getting squeezed. And I only weigh 185 so I'm not huge.

The Recaro bolsters are not confining at all.

Offsetz33

Reaction score
The dark color is actually a plus for me. Maybe I should take advantage of my Raptor Assault I havent gone to yet. Did they all have the Recaros. I do wish it was more of an obvious option. My local dealers don't have them on their inventory cars.
Only a few had the Recaros at the raptor assault. They are still very comfortable and are more akin to a lazy boy than a traditional Recaro in a sports car ;)

Louie

Reaction score
Only a few had the Recaros at the raptor assault. They are still very comfortable and are more akin to a lazy boy than a traditional Recaro in a sports car ;)

Probably a good thing. The truck is more like a mobile living room.