2018 Raptor stiffer ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor2018

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 2018 Raptor Crew Cab and would like some help on making the ride stiffer on turns, less nose dive when braking and more confident freeway driving. I understand it is not a sports car. But still for me, most of my driving is city/highway and want a little stiffer setup. My father has a 2015 f150 fx4 and it rides stiffer on turns and freeway which feels more confident. In my opinion, the raptor is the best all round truck but lacks better on road handling. Just trying to make these awesome beast a little better. I am considering Pirch collar, rear springs, tires or wheels. Would any of these help? or any other suggestions?

Thank you,

George

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front level collar and mess with the tire psi is the cheapest easiest way.

You want the suspension to still work like it should but firming up the front with a perch collar should go a long way.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone told me they put 10 ply tires on it and it made it feel better. Now these are a lot heavier and this is just what I was told by guy at 5 star tune, he said their company raptor felt a lot better after adding new tires, but probably 1.5 leveling kit in front will fix issue. I’m adding 2in to front mine

OP
OP
R

Raptor2018

Reaction score
I will start with leveling kit first. I’m stuck between rpg or icon. I want to achieve a little higher in rear. After reading, 1.5 should work.
Thank you

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
You're only going to be able to take so much of the "roll" out. That's what a truck with mid-travel is gonna do. Long travel guys have even more of it. It's a trade off; you add travel and shock compliance so it's good at soaking up bumps, and you're going to get a roly poley ride on the street.

Then add in the big fat sidewalls that help soak up bumps and protect the wheels in the dirt. these add roll too.

Lastly you've got a sway bar that's designed to let the suspension breathe a little bit. It's not a super stiff one aimed at road handling characteristics.

Add all of those up and you've got the Raptor's handling characteristics. Of course you can change all those, but you just have to realize you're tipping the scales away from the dirt in favor of the pavement.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will start with leveling kit first. I’m stuck between rpg or icon. I want to achieve a little higher in rear. After reading, 1.5 should work.
Thank you

Not sure if this will work for a Gen 2 but if it does this would make a really big difference...

New Sway Bar for Raptor | Hellwig Products

You would also be better off with 20" wheels. Not usually something I would recommend for a Raptor but in your case they would make a big difference both for sidewall stiffness and for a little more track width.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Not sure if this will work for a Gen 2 but if it does this would make a really big difference...

New Sway Bar for Raptor | Hellwig Products

You would also be better off with 20" wheels. Not usually something I would recommend for a Raptor but in your case they would make a big difference both for sidewall stiffness and for a little more track width.

Agreed on both counts.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do want to point out, though, that what you are trying to do is counter to what the Raptor was designed for.

Also, 20" wheels with 10 ply tires is going to be a VERY heavy combination, which will be detrimental to ride comfort, especially when aired up.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hey guys i just picked up a prius but i dont like that its quiet and gets good miles.

any recommendations on rear wheel drive swap with a large v8 with around 1000whp?