2018 Order Progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm jelly, just texted my sales guy to verify delivery date is still 15-17th. Quietly hoping he responds back saying "it'll be here today"

myung

Reaction score
Drove out for lunch yesterday and saw a truck with F150s headed towards my dealer. Got excited for nothing, my raptor is still sitting in the rail yard. ETA is now last week of Oct. I wish I could just go get it from the rail yard 90 mins away.

Seriously, Ford needs to re-examine their distribution network. I'm sure I could have hired a flat-bed to move the truck the 400 miles from the plant to my dealer for less than the $1200 they charge, and it would have been delivered in 1-2 day. It doesn't make sense that it take 5-6 weeks to transport their product 400 miles. I would think they'd want to recoup their capital expenditure in making the product ASAP, rather than letting it sit for weeks waiting on delivery.

bjinc

Reaction score
I'm jelly, just texted my sales guy to verify delivery date is still 15-17th. Quietly hoping he responds back saying "it'll be here today"

Haha, I have the exact same date, and was thinking the exact same thing. Where is yours? Mine is in Delaware right now, heading to Baltimore to wait for a convoy, according to sales rep.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha, I have the exact same date, and was thinking the exact same thing. Where is yours? Mine is in Delaware right now, heading to Baltimore to wait for a convoy, according to sales rep.

Right now I have no idea where it's at. Still waiting for a reply from my sales rep. Last time I spoke with him was Saturday and back then it was on a train passing through New Mexico. That was when he provided me the Oct 15-17 ETA. Dealership is in San Diego

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
vitaminR, did your ask that you be there during delivery to take photos and look it over? I'm expecting no notification until it has arrived, just let me sign the papers and take it home. Anyone know how it typically takes for dealers to get new cars 'processed' and ready for the customer to drive them home? Does it normally take place while doing the paperwork? Last question, did you buy Flood ESP extended warranty?

Looks great.

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
vitaminR, did your ask that you be there during delivery to take photos and look it over? I'm expecting no notification until it has arrived, just let me sign the papers and take it home. Anyone know how it typically takes for dealers to get new cars 'processed' and ready for the customer to drive them home? Does it normally take place while doing the paperwork? Last question, did you buy Flood ESP extended warranty?

Looks great.

No my sales guy texted those to me this morning. I didn't get there until about 1 pm. I requested no prep and I even had to put the antenna on when I got home. They did a great job and honestly the truck was pretty clean already. It needed a vacuum because there were tons of random carpet fibers everywhere but no major dirt anywhere.

Im buying my Ford esp from FD-warranty.com. Its the same thing as Flood ford but 50 bucks cheaper and they confirmed there is no tax. I'm getting 8/150

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that what most ask for, no prep? What do they do in prep where owners should be concerned?

I think I recall my salesman saying they wouldn't do prep until I looked at it. Guess many tell them "no prep"

Glad they wern't your photos, they were a bit blurry. :p

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that what most ask for, no prep? What do they do in prep where owners should be concerned?

I think I recall my salesman saying they wouldn't do prep until I looked at it. Guess many tell them "no prep"

Glad they wern't your photos, they were a bit blurry. :p

I only asked for no prep because I can guarantee they would have been out there washing a black truck with a busted up filthy wash mit and drying it with a scratchy towel. I also asked for no dealer sticker. Im happy to wash it myself this weekend.

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Great looking truck I have the same truck coming though I went with the bed stickers. Truck has been sitting two hours away at the rail hard awaiting a truck for the past 10 days. I went from anxiously waiting to pissed off waitung. Today the 14th is the last day of the estimated window for delivery. Keeping my fingers crossed in arrives today.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sales person texted me back yesterday evening. Raptor has arrived in CA, ETA to the dealership is sometime between now and Friday. I'm assuming mine too is sitting at the rail yard waiting to be loaded onto a truck.