2018 MY Climate Control Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All,

I have had my 2018 for a little while now (about 5000 of its 9000 total miles) and recently the climate control has started to act a tad strange. I have scoured the manual, forums of all sorts, and to no avail found an answer to my question. My truck has spent its entire life in Florida up until about a week ago, when i relocated to Seattle for work. The weather has been colder than Florida, but not frigid or below freezing by any means.

All of my climate settings are set to "AUTO", including the remote start settings. When i turn the truck off at the end of the day, I leave all of the climate settings in AUTO and temps set to 72 degrees, AC on... In the morning after a relatively cold night (mid to low 40's right now) when i walk into the garage and turn the truck back on for the first time during the day, the climate is reverted to the entirely OFF position (even though I did not turn it to off at any point in time). I am wondering if this is normal, since this only started occurring when I relocated to a colder climate and it is not 70 or so every morning when I start the truck. Truck has every option offered except the sunroof. Plenty of warranty remaining just love to avoid trips to dealer if able. Thank you all in advance.

Fastback89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 18 and mine stays on all the settings when restarted. I rarely ever touch the climate settings, maybe you could try a reset with the battery to see if that helps?

OP
OP
jbrichmond

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 18 and mine stays on all the settings when restarted. I rarely ever touch the climate settings, maybe you could try a reset with the battery to see if that helps?

Thank you for the response.

It only occurs on mine overnight when the temperature gets low (I’m weird and like the AC on all the time). Maybe it’s because “Auto” thinks that when it gets cold outside below the set temp that it needs to be off?

Trying to figure out if I should take to dealer. Will try battery reset.

OP
OP
jbrichmond

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it’s the battery. Last night when truck unlocked the mirrors wouldn’t fold out either. Going to replace to a much higher quality AGM and see if that fixes. Will report back

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it’s the battery. Last night when truck unlocked the mirrors wouldn’t fold out either. Going to replace to a much higher quality AGM and see if that fixes. Will report back

I hope its the battery and you get it sorted - but I honestly don't see how the battery could cause it.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like someone forscan’d your truck. The mirrors don’t auto fold/unfold lincoln style unless someone went into the settings via forscan and changed it. I bet they monkeyed around with the climate control too.

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a setting in the cluster menu that will let you change climate control settings from auto (not the ac knob) to last settings.
Check that out, maybe your issue?

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, Motorcraft AGM batteries are among the finest. In fact, all the Motorcraft batteries are among the finest of their class. That's all I use. Built by Johnson Controls. Most of the aftermarket batteries are crap.

OP
OP
jbrichmond

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured it out. Was a FORScan issue in IPC settings. Reset them all back to factory after pulling stock settings from motorcraft.com/asbuilt using my VIN. As soon as I reloaded and wrote factory IPC settings, the climate came on like it was supposed to have already been on.

At least now I have a brand new Group 27F Northstar battery made for a semi truck in my rig.

Looks like one DTC for a PDM Mirror motor being faulty. I’ll let the dealer fix that before I put my own FORScan settings in!

03CD1242-687D-4CE0-878A-7527DB25B1BE.jpeg