2018 Lightning Blue "Bianca" Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

cdurbin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, a few more modifications done with. Bakflip G2 came in and is installed. Unfortunately, no pictures as it decided to downpour as I was finishing up.

But, thanks to the wife and the daughters, I have two more "modifications" out of the way. A Canyon Cooler 35qt that they decided to "modify" with some stickers I had from past raptor runs. And a slew of Adam's Polishes products.

S1vrogt.jpg

KeGz5Cg.jpg

Yeah I have found the same around here that most people are not on the forums so I was surprised to see another SV Raptor owner on here myself. I live in Bisbee but work in SV so I'll keep an eye out for you. Maybe we can link up some day.

I am loving the new truck so far. It is nicely upgraded/refined from the old one although the old one was damn nice too. I only have 400 miles on the new one so I am still taking it easy and breaking it in. I am still waiting to see if the Ecoboost will be satisfying enough or if I will miss that 6.2L growl. I guess I will find out soon enough. Not that it really matters at this point since the purchase is done!! hahaha

I am right there with you. A part of me does miss the 6.2L
The exhaust note just doesn't cut it. However, running around town with the windows down so you can hear the turbo's spool up helps that. :biggrin:

I stopped by Cool Dreams Tint today to check out their ceramic tints since I don't like the job the dealership did. If you don't mind me asking, what level/model of tint did you go with and how are you liking it?

-Corey

Notty

Reaction score
I am right there with you. A part of me does miss the 6.2L
The exhaust note just doesn't cut it. However, running around town with the windows down so you can hear the turbo's spool up helps that. :biggrin:

I stopped by Cool Dreams Tint today to check out their ceramic tints since I don't like the job the dealership did. If you don't mind me asking, what level/model of tint did you go with and how are you liking it?

-Corey

That turbo spool is pretty sweet isn't it? How did you know I had tinted mine? I don't think I mentioned it! haha I have known Phil (the owner of Cool Dreams) for many years and his work is absolutely top notch. I went with the Dub ceramic. 20% front doors, 5% rear doors and rear window, 70% on pano roof and windshield, and a windshield visor. I have been running ceramic tint for years and will never go back to anything else. It is amazing and keeps heat out like no other. When driving with the sun beating on me through the windows I feel no heat whatsoever. It is definitely worth the money.

I also just added a BakFlip MX4 cover. We seem to be matching each other mod for mod. I like this!! What's next? hahaha

OP
OP
C

cdurbin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That turbo spool is pretty sweet isn't it? How did you know I had tinted mine? I don't think I mentioned it! haha I have known Phil (the owner of Cool Dreams) for many years and his work is absolutely top notch. I went with the Dub ceramic. 20% front doors, 5% rear doors and rear window, 70% on pano roof and windshield, and a windshield visor. I have been running ceramic tint for years and will never go back to anything else. It is amazing and keeps heat out like no other. When driving with the sun beating on me through the windows I feel no heat whatsoever. It is definitely worth the money.

I also just added a BakFlip MX4 cover. We seem to be matching each other mod for mod. I like this!! What's next? hahaha

It most definitely is. He had mentioned your last name and making a comparison to your username I figured it was you. Not to mention, you're the only other blue raptor around the area. He mentioned a week or two ago it had been brought it to get tinted.

So you're actually going a bit darker than what I was thinking. I was considering 35% fronts, 5% rears windows, 70% pano and window. My concern with going darker on the fronts is the legality of it all. From my experience in the Mid-West, it seems cops were always looking for that infraction. What's your experience been around here?

Exhaust is going to stay stock. Tune will happen eventually. Next modification is dependent on the boss approving - either an intercooler or bumpstop kit from either Rogue/SVC. How about yourself?

-Corey

Notty

Reaction score
It most definitely is. He had mentioned your last name and making a comparison to your username I figured it was you. Not to mention, you're the only other blue raptor around the area. He mentioned a week or two ago it had been brought it to get tinted.

So you're actually going a bit darker than what I was thinking. I was considering 35% fronts, 5% rears windows, 70% pano and window. My concern with going darker on the fronts is the legality of it all. From my experience in the Mid-West, it seems cops were always looking for that infraction. What's your experience been around here?

Exhaust is going to stay stock. Tune will happen eventually. Next modification is dependent on the boss approving - either an intercooler or bumpstop kit from either Rogue/SVC. How about yourself?

-Corey

Ahh ok, that makes sense now as to how you knew that lol. I have been running illegal tint for years here and haven't really had many issues. I can tell you that all over AZ it seems like the city and county police could care less about tint and I have NEVER been pulled over by them for it. The DPS State Troopers however LOVE to get people for tint for some reason, maybe they get bored just sitting in patrol cars all day and not being able to run any other types of calls?? In over a decade here in AZ I have been pulled over 4 times by DPS for tint and received fix it tickets each time so it hasn't been too bad. I honestly just put the windows down whenever I pass DPS. I do not put them down for any other officers and don't have any issues.

As for mods, I am not 100% sure what I want to do yet. I am pretty damn happy with how the truck is now so I may just enjoy it for a while then determine what it needs or what I want. I just got done doing two small interior mods today though. I installed the BuiltRight Industries dash mount with a 67Designs Carbon Fiber cell phone arm and GoPro mount. I also added the BuiltRight rear seat release kit with blue strap. These were just a few small things to make life inside the truck a little nicer/cleaner/easier but I'm liking them so far.

OP
OP
C

cdurbin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the next mods I may do are SPD Turbo Adapters and probably bump stops. Not entirely sure to be completely honest.

-Corey

Attachments

• IMG_0282.jpg
    IMG_0282.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 20
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0280.jpg
    IMG_0280.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 29