2018 left over "NEW" Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was told and read somewhere that depreciation only happens at the end of each year of ownership and is tied to some government index. I'll try to find it.

That's paper depreciation for accounting purposes and provides a business with a tax write off. Since you don't write off personal vehicles, the depreciation is actual depreciation, ie the difference between what you paid and what it's worth. Since it's now a used car, even if you haven't driven it, it's worth less.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sitting is not good for any vehicle, things don't get lubricated, and I'm not just taking about the engine. A/C for example, the refrigerant IS the lube so if it's not run periodically, o rings and seals tend to fail/dry out/crack. If it's me, I'm not budging to pay anywhere near what they're asking and I'm getting an extended warranty tossed into the deal to CYA.

*this is true - not sure how much it applies to a 3 year old vehicle, but when I purchased my '03 Z06 had just under 12k miles & was 10+ years old - AC system completely seized & was replaced under warranty (used vette dealer) - obviously it wasn't "worn out" - was barely even used! From the ground to 6-8" up outer tie-rods, sway bar bushings, were all dried out cracked also - didn't care much as I planned to mod the hell outta it - but its worth noting this is 10000% accurate.

On other hand its a brand new vehicle w/ full factory warranty - if it were me I'd shoot for 20-25% off sticker like I said & maybe negotiate a 100k warranty. I'd also ask that the dealer swap out all the fluids - diffs/tranny/engine/coolant - maybe even brake fluid. That should give you peace of mind.

FWIW - I bought a leftover 2018 myself in Feb of last year - truck you're looking @ is that much "older" + 2 model years going on 3 w/ the new live vallve shocks which you could use as leverage - personally @ the time I purchased I was avoiding the 2019's w/ live valve anyhow b/c it was new tech & early on seemed like it would be more difficult to alter ride height/add springs etc. My truck stickered for $66.8k I paid $59.5k & got them to throw in a tonneau cover & $1000 credit toward 100k warranty. So I had to cough up another $650 or so to cover the rest of the warranty.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In the Raptor world and I have owned one for 5 of the last 6 years the 2010s have depreciated to the price of a nice used Honda or Toyota which is why you see high school aged kids rolling around in them. 2011s held their value more with pretty much all Gen 1s now suffering from the old model/ fatigue.

Gen 2s - 2017s have dropped the most with 2018s not far behind with the new shocks on the 2019s they have held on pretty well but will drop again next year. I personally like the looks of 17 and 18 bead locks better than the new ones but Gen 2 Raptors are Gen 2 Raptors which we all will probably be screwed if Ford decides to put the 7.3 liter into the next Gen 3 Raptor much less if they decide to make the Raptor Bronco and Ranger which some places say they will.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe for the purposes of corporate financial disclosure and reporting, IRS regulation, etc. but guarantee if you sign to buy and walk over the sales guy at the next desk over and ask to trade in, you will see at least 20% less than you laid3, probably more like 25-30% less without ever leaving the lot.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure you can sell a vehicle for what you paid for the first year. Just show your sticker.

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my 2020 for $6704.00 below invoice in Atlanta 2 weeks ago. Your also giving up the live valve fox's going with a 2018. Something to consider !!

Reaction score
I bought a new 18 in November of 19, sticker was 73,450, I paid 60K, 802a package, loaded. They told me they had money back from Ford and they wanted it off the lot. It has 34 miles one it.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

My local dealer has a 2018 raptor still on the lot. It is still new never sold. I have been trying to negotiate with them as I kind of prefer the full leather interior of the 2018's. Has anyone encountered this before with a Raptor on the lot thats 2 model years old (soon to be 3)? What would you expect to pay below sticker on one? They are offering me 3K below sticker. There are 2019's in my area being offered for 6k below sticker. I thought this would be a good negotiating point to get a great deal on a new raptor but they wont budge below the 3K mark. What do you guys think?

Thanks Guys!
Does it have any miles on this 2018? Dealers use vehicles as demos (having owner or owner’s family drive it as personal vehicles without ever registering it), which makes them legally “new” despite the thousands of miles clocked.

Frankly, rather than waste your time to squeeze a couple thousand dollars more out of this dealer for a 2018, just buy a 2019+ if you get a good deal.

I’m sure they, like most of the people back then, over paid for it and they’re obviously saving this 2018 for someone who appreciates it. Have you tried to get them to match your 2019 quotes on one of their 2019s?

RaptorSRQ

Reaction score
Let it rot on the dealership. Before I bought my raptor I was considering a trackhawk. My local Jeep dealer had a 2018 when the 2020 just came out. They wanted 89k lol. I offer 72k as it’s now 2 model years old. They stayed firm on their price. It’s still on their lot. Not sure what the thinking is on the dealerships part. But a vehicle sitting for 2 years is not a good look