2018 Gen 2 SCREW 40,000mi Udate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NHnewbie

Reaction score
Reliability: Perfect

Unscheduled maintenance: None

Scheduled maintenance: two trips to dealer per year for routine maintenance( oil & filter, tire rotation, per Ford schedule); cost per dealer visit: $59, wait time typically 45-50 minutes, occasionally a bit longer.

Comments: After lurking here before my purchase of a new 2018 SCREW in March, 2018 and since, and reading the trouble reports, I have been expecting this truck to blow up every time I start it. Truck is treated gently, but not babied. No off-road to date. This is my first Ford ever in many decades of buying and driving motor vehicles. So far, flawless; a happy camper. Lets see if this lasts!

NHn

Reaction score
My 2018 has 51,000 miles and only has had normal maintenance also. Never been back to the dealer.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Starting to see cam phaser symptoms coming back for the second time on my 2018 at 50k miles. Needed the trans reflashed due to really hard shifting at 4-5 and 7-8. About to get second repair on sun roofs rattles. I had door locks freeze in cold weather and door handle seals were falling out. Drivers seat heater element gets replaced tomorrow.

It's gotten serviced every 5k miles.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good stuff. I’m coming up on 1 year of ownership on my 2020 and 14,000 miles.

Truck has been perfect

Last edited:

MDD

Reaction score
2018 56k, cam phasers fixed 2k ago. Tires rotated every 4-5k and oil/filter every 5-7k mi. Had the trans flashed At 30k due to hard shifting. Shifting still not as smooth as former VW 8 speed of wife’s Jeep GC 8 speed but it’s ok.

adllewis42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019 - Just turned over 35k. Not a single issue. I change the oil every 5k and filter every 10. I changed the air filter at 25 after going through a massive dust storm in Idaho.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018 here with 40k. Been at the dealer several times since buying it at 27k. No oil pressure warning light came on shortly after buying it. Valve cover was cracked and the oil that leaked was eating through the insulation for the warning sensor. Took them a week to figure that out. Just got it out of the shop for 4 other items that were starting to leak and covered under warranty.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2019 - Just turned over 35k. Not a single issue. I change the oil every 5k and filter every 10. I changed the air filter at 25 after going through a massive dust storm in Idaho.

you remove a used oil filter @ 5k miles drain the oil put the used filter back on & then refill w/ new oil?

odd

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2018 802a purchased used. First to admit my Oasis report compares to War & Peace in thickness. Many repairs... some serious.

I don’t care... Ford has taken really good care of me, service providers have been great to work with and they are absolutely committed to making my truck perfect.

I still plan to keep it as my DD to 150k miles and at the point I will probably buy a used 2025. All electric self driver that transforms into a flying boat or something.