2018 FORD RAPTOR COBB Tuned Question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tfairweather1

Reaction score
Hey Raptor Sports Fans picked up a killer deal back in July. I IMG_3291.jpeg found a 2018 Ford Raptor fulIMG_3301.jpegly loaded with every option except rear heated seat which I could give 2 ***** about lol. the guy had $98,000 into the truck for the build. I think he found himself on hard times and had to sell the truck, I just was the lucky one to be there at the right time and picked it up for $67,000 The truck had only 9k miles on it The thing was literally brand new, has never even seen dirt. Had a $6500 XPEL wrap, LineX spray in liner for the bed, Flip Back MX Bed cover, 17" Method Real Beadlocks with 35" Toyo MT's, and a full COBB Tune upgraded Intercooler, Intake system, and Cobb Tune, From what Cobb says 100 HP upgrade!

My Question: Are there any other guys out there that have this tune set up? Trying to find out what other guys are getting for fuel mileage on the truck. I do live in area where there are lots of up and down hills and I have to admit I'm in the throttle a lot because it's so fun to drive. But my gas mileage is freaking horrible and I wanted to find out what other guys were getting. I've ran a few tanks of fuel through the truck and took it easy for a while to see if it would improve it did but not much seems like I'm getting like 12 miles to the gallon which seems to be really bad. Any input would be appreciated. Hope you guys have a great weekend!

IMG_3289.jpeg

IMG_3173.jpeg

IMG_3200.jpeg

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice truck! Welcome aboard. Looks pretty loaded up. Your running 91 octane out there in Cali? Lots of hills and grades. What mode are you driving in Normal?

I don’t have this time, but I know people who do. They haven’t complained about mileage but then again don’t always care that much.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Excellent deal!!!!!!

Stay off the skinny pedal and boost - your gas mileage will be better haha

Highway mileage is excellent in this truck - I can get 21 mpg on 94

Tromp on it it’ll be awful gas mileage but lots of smiles.

Badbear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome. You got yourself a smoking deal. As for the gas mileage, if you’re getting on it, which it sounds like you are, 12 is pretty normal. I believe you can contact Cobb and see if they’ve made any updates to their tune. An updated tune may help with the gas mileage.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice look truck, with a lot of cool aftermarket features! The 100 HP claim from Cobb is a stretch even with 93 octane, so unless they have dyno numbers I would not hang your hat on the amount. The most I have seen documented by other members is around the 80-90 HP range with just a tune, CAI and IC.

Either way, it looks like you got a really good deal with some excellent mods!

Ducc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is similar. It's a 2020 but I have a Cobb FMIC and CAI. I'm running a Stage 2 tune (via Goosetuned) and the OEM+ Cobb TCM tune. I'm light on the throttle and hover around 14.9mpg (mostly in town). Our gas is atrocious and so is our weather right now (in AZ) so I do add a little E85 to a full tank which I'm sure isn't helping my mpg.

gopher870

Reaction score
I have no tune and get 12-13 mpg! But I'm on the gas a LOT. I did see 21+ highway driving once, but I never got into the turbos. That's the key to "good" mileage in this truck but then again....not what I got the truck for. Nice truck and wrap. Any idea where the gas container and shovel are from?