2018 F-150 Raptors Available!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know what they are selling them for, but Phil Long Ford in Littleton, Colorado on Wadsworth Blvd must have 30-40 Raptors in a line in front of the dealership. They indicated they grabbed them from other dealerships so my assumption is there is an ADM.

I just saw them the other day - it's right up the street from my house. Holy crap there are a lot of Raptors. I couldn't believe it.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I don't know what they are selling them for, but Phil Long Ford in Littleton, Colorado on Wadsworth Blvd must have 30-40 Raptors in a line in front of the dealership. They indicated they grabbed them from other dealerships so my assumption is there is an ADM.

There is. I want to say it's 15k and they'll go down to 10k to make it feel like you got a deal. I couldn't find a single dealership in CO willing to go much below a 10k ADM.

play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

That dealership is going to take a serious bath. I don't even want to know what their monthly financing vig is.

they are probably banking on the space in between MY18 end of production and the start of MY19 production.

However, if ford ends up with a recall like there was last fall, the 18s will sit while the 19s get taken home right away.

Every local dealer near me that had ANY ADM on their 17s, got hosed when the honest dealers charging sticker or less were getting (and selling) 18s immediately.

After 6 weeks of that, those 17s were all on "manager's special" for MSRP or below.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

That dealership is going to take a serious bath. I don't even want to know what their monthly financing vig is.

a 2.2% Loan rates its a whopping $63 a month per 60K vehicle for the interest alone, but that's all they have to pay.

Having said that, Ford gives them 3 months interest free, then the charges begin.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
a 2.2% Loan rates its a whopping $63 a month per 60K vehicle for the interest alone, but that's all they have to pay.

Having said that, Ford gives them 3 months interest free, then the charges begin.

ford is most likely NOT financing the raptors that they are buying from other dealers.

at your rate x 77 raptors, they are loosing a little over $4700 a month if they sit.

So they are forced to get 4800 more than "normal" for the one that they might sell.

anything less than 4800 more than they usually get and amortized profits trend down significantly.

Somehow everyone thinks that selling new cars is high margin.

in all reality, margin sucks on cars. especially when you consider that much higher run rate businesses are at product margins in the upper 60 percentile range.

It is a stupid stupid game that MIGHT bring you a decent, short-term, single-month top-line revenue gain, but when the year's business is reviewed, it is a serious pucker moment.

factor all this in and then consider that no dealer that sold them a raptor charged them invoice and they most likely used a broker and you'll come to the conclusion that the whole exercise was extremely foolish from the onset.

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
(5) 2018 Raptors currently available - Sticker pricing!
1 Oxford White, 1 Lead Foot, 1 Lightning Blue, 2 Shadow Black. All Super Crew. On our lot and ready to go. Check them out below.

2018 F-150 Raptor Inventory

Do you work for the dealer and trying to sell on the forum?

I'm asking because another guy tried to do that and some people were reporting it and the posts would disappear in 30 minutes. I really don't understand the Bipolarisms (I made that word up) on this site.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

There is. I want to say it's 15k and they'll go down to 10k to make it feel like you got a deal. I couldn't find a single dealership in CO willing to go much below a 10k ADM.

I contacted them about a supercab they had about a month ago and they wanted 5k over. I responded with 5k under or we can just meet in the middle and they didn't respond. The truck is now sold.....not to me either, so with that in mind, some idiots are still paying over sticker on Raptors.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ford is most likely NOT financing the raptors that they are buying from other dealers.

at your rate x 77 raptors, they are loosing a little over $4700 a month if they sit.

So they are forced to get 4800 more than "normal" for the one that they might sell.

anything less than 4800 more than they usually get and amortized profits trend down significantly.

Somehow everyone thinks that selling new cars is high margin.

in all reality, margin sucks on cars. especially when you consider that much higher run rate businesses are at product margins in the upper 60 percentile range.

It is a stupid stupid game that MIGHT bring you a decent, short-term, single-month top-line revenue gain, but when the year's business is reviewed, it is a serious pucker moment.

factor all this in and then consider that no dealer that sold them a raptor charged them invoice and they most likely used a broker and you'll come to the conclusion that the whole exercise was extremely foolish from the onset.

Its really amazing to me that forum members know so much more about selling cars than car dealers do!

Every owner of a car dealership I know (and thats 3 of them) are very wealthy so it must be a lucrative gig.

I suggest all the experts on here go open a new dealership. With all their smarts, they should be rich in no time!

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Its really amazing to me that forum members know so much more about selling cars than car dealers do!

Every owner of a car dealership I know (and thats 3 of them) are very wealthy so it must be a lucrative gig.

I suggest all the experts on here go open a new dealership. With all their smarts, they should be rich in no time!

because they generally have many other facets of the business and generally own more than just car dealerships.

there are so many ways to structure a business that can lead to positive cash flow, yet do not generate real material wealth.

if what the 77 raptor dealer is doing was the best or right way to make money, they wouldnt be capable of executing the game, as every other dealer out there would be competing to do the same thing.

and yes, I have been involved in business relationships with folks who own dealerships. I also do business with manufacturers.

I just happen to have the luxury of being in a business that spans verticals. i wouldn't open a car dealership no matter how much i was going to make. the ******** aint worth the profits.

MisterScott

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That is why I went to Dallas. Either delusional dealership or folks up here willing to pay. $10k buys a lot gas and lights etc.

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

They have multiple locations. I was speaking to the one on Wadsworth only. I went in looking at a Focus RS that I am considering making an offer on but they would rather sit on inventory. Their carrying costs on 77 Raptors must be huge.