2017 Ford Raptor taking off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i keep saying i wish it was much more subdued, it is what it is, not sure why they tried so hard to make it sound like something it's not. i like the regular 3.5 b/c there really is no exhaust note and you can hear those turbos spool, especially on a tuned one. i'm sure the performance will be fine, no one is in the business of moving backwards

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sound is just hideous, IMO. To me, that's a big deal.

I will say, seeing it in the wild I'm starting to like the looks just a little more. Still not in love with the fact that it looks so much like a regular F150, but whatever. That's the direction that Ford is going and I know that aftermarket fenders will be available to make it stand out more.

Just hoping that they come out with a V8TT in the future for those that want them. Otherwise, as mentioned by another member, I'm gonna start hoarding Gen1 parts to keep mine running until I'm done with it......

muddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To me it would make sense for Ford to do the TT V8. WITH 2017 TT V6 being the start of the Raptor multiple engine program.Do the 6 while hype is strong. Then when the off road horsepower wars begin with Chevy and Dodge answering to the Raptor they then have anothe card to play. The segment is growing and if history on this truck is any teacher the salss will be there and so what better way to grow market than to add options under the hood. A TT V8 could come with a higher price and a gas guz tax so offer a choice in 2018ish.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What other vehicles is ford going to offer a TTV8 in? No way it hits the standard F150 and also no way it's in a standard mustang. That leaves low production number Raptor's, Shelby 350's and the Ford GT. The development costs to setup for a platform like this with so low numbers would be insane, the cost of the truck would skyrocket.

The only option would be for them to hand build them like dodge did with the viper 8.3 and 8.4 due to the low production numbers. Considering that is a hugely unprofitable business for dodge while the Raptor is hugely profitable I for some reason have a difficult time believing that Ford and their shareholders like losing money where it is already coming in.

Last edited:

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What other vehicles is ford going to offer a TTV8 in? No way in hell it hits the standard F150 and also no way it's in a standard mustang. That leaves low production number Raptor's, Shelby 350's and the Ford GT. The development costs to setup for a platform like this with so low numbers would be insane, the cost of the truck would skyrocket.

The only option would be for them to hand build them like dodge did with the viper 8.3 and 8.4 due to the low production numbers. Considering that is a hugely unprofitable business for dodge while the Raptor is hugely profitable I for some reason have a difficult time believing that Ford and their shareholders like losing money where it is already profitable.

I could see a possibility of the TTV8 in a Shelby Mustang.
I don't see a Shelby variation of the GT happening, and I'm not sure that the platform can accommodate a V8 since it was designed around the V6.

I don't see the TTV8 happening in the standard Raptor. A Shelby variant could be a possibility, but the price point would make it a very low production unit.

I get hoping for a TTV8 Raptor. It's like hoping that Kanye West would just shut up and go away. It would be great, but it probably isn't going to happen.

Last edited:

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could see a possibility of the TTV8 in a Shelby Mustang.
I don't see a Shelby variation of the GT happening, and I'm not sure that the platform can accommodate a V8 since it was designed around the V6.

I don't see the TTV8 happening in the standard Raptor. A Shelby variant could be a possibility, but the price point would make it a very low production unit.

I get hoping for a TTV8 Raptor. It's like hoping that Kanye West would just shut up and go away. It would be great, but it probably isn't going to happen.

Exactly, it doesn't have enough potential usages across the lineup, if a TTV8 version was available for say 10k more I'd be all over that. 30-50k more and I don't think I could justify it. Better chance of ford bringing back the lightning with the 5.2 and either a couple hairdryers or a blower.